I'm finally getting sleeved in the morning!!

goingforit1
on 2/3/12 8:27 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
Our plane flew out this morning and we are comfortably chillin' out at the hotel, mentally preparing for my surgery in the morning. 

I am VERY proud to say I followed my liquid diet to perfection which is a pretty big physical and emotional struggle to be only on liquids.  I recognize the habit of always eating something while sitting down to watch a couple of the favorite shows, grabbing fast food after running an errand, looking forward to dinner dates (and not really the company just the food-sad!) and it's felt kind of good to abstain.  HARD...but good.  It's got me in a good frame of mind, I believe.

So I know I will be scared once I'm there and about to get surgery, right now are the distractions of being at the hotel alone with my husband, a pool, a good  book, and no kids (wooohoo!) but that won't be there tomorrow and the reality will be staring me in the face but right now...

I am feeling proud of myself for the decision because it is NOT easy and I feel all courageousright now, ha ha!

Wish me luck friends!
Louisianawench
on 2/3/12 8:43 am - New Orleans, LA
VSG on 03/21/12
I will start my pre op diet on the 26 of this month, it will continue 25 days until the 21st of next month, thats my surgery date. then I have amother 3 weeks of post op liquids. Any advice on how to stay with it?
MelissaMommyto5
on 2/3/12 12:21 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
If there are any other 'eaters' in your home, I'd highly recommend planning ahead for them as well as yourself!  I'm finishing Day 2 & hadn't thought about how hard it would be to prepare meals for them that I can't eat! Duhh, but true!  I've had suggestions of preparing & freezing meals for the family or buying frozen, easy-to-make meals that the hubby & kids can do themselves.  AND I totally agree with the other comment about trying the shakes ahead of time.  2 of the 3 I bought are palatable, but one is nasty.  I also LOVE peanut butter, so I bought some PB2 to add to the shakes for that flavoring that keeps my tongue happy!  Good luck!

goingforit1
on 2/3/12 9:05 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
get everything out of the house that you can't have...or at least your favorites.  Try proteins and your liquids ahead of time to find ones you like better (I don't like any of them but I loathe a couple of them a little less, lol), and just mentally prepare.  Have ideas of things to do with your time/hands, when you would normally snack.  Come to these boards often for support. 

Most importantly, remind yourself this is temporary and for your greater good.  You can do anything for a short time!  Something I did was break up the liquids into two time segments; pre-op and post-op.  Looking at all those weeks without solids is too much and would overwhelm anybody.  I needed to mentally break it up because it is easier post-sleeve so I will look at that as a separate time to manage.  I dunno, just helps me to do that.  Good luck!
A2Z_Mom
on 2/3/12 9:10 am - Ellisville, MO
VSG on 04/09/12
Good luck to you & I hope that you have a speedy recovery!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/12 9:52 am
VSG on 02/29/12
Good luck tomorrow!
faylavi
on 2/3/12 10:50 am - Laurel, MD
good luck and a speedy recovery!

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

MelissaMommyto5
on 2/3/12 12:18 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
YAY! THAT IS GREAT! Good luck & looking forward to hearing about your progress!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views