SURG 2-6 how little should I be eating now?

mommy794
on 2/13/12 1:01 pm

My doctors instructions and everything else I have found has what to eat but doesn't give me like specific amounts... any tips or ideas? I have been getting the liquids down just fine...takes me about 45 min to an hour for 10 oz bottle of G2. And the little bit of cream soups Ive tried just today I would say I ate about 2.5 very slow, took me about 30 min. So let me know what ya'll know!!! thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/12 1:13 pm
That sounds about right to me. I could do about 1/2 cup of strained cream soup in about 1/2 hour when I was on full liquids.

Are you getting protein, too? Took me about an hour to drink-sip a 12 oz protein shake. If your plan lets you, make sure you get in those 60 grams. I swear that's what helped me have such an easy recovery!

Just keep getting that fluid in. Very, very important.
mommy794
on 2/13/12 1:18 pm
Today was really the 1st day that I got about  60 g protein before I was about 30. but I have been on clears until today so I couldn't have pretein shakes til today. But getting about 60-70 oz of clears in after the 3rd day.  I just wasn't sure how much at a time I should try to eat. I haven't had any problems with anything but I do have these stomach spasms/cramps sometimes after the 1st bite or sip of hot food, cold doesn't seem to do it to me.
Quique
on 2/13/12 1:54 pm - CA
 Me 3 weeks, lost 40 lbs all I can tell u is don't rush eatting even if u feel good.. Plus we aren't hungry so don't freak out like me that you won't be able to eat anymore, I really tried pushing eatting and I am very worried about getting a leak so even though I feel good and u feel good If purée foods are a problem just like me.. Stick with shakes and water Popsicles jellows  don't have solids till it heals good 

Quique
Aussie_in_India
on 2/13/12 3:30 pm - India
Hi - we are the same date, I was released on Friday on full liquids. The last three days I have had 2 protein shakes (made with skim milk), 2 oz Greek yogurt, 2 small jelly cups (homemade, with protein powder) and half a cup of very thin soup with a spoonful of Greek yogurt added. Yesterday I had a couple of spoons of ricotta in the soup instead of the yogurt. I feel like I am eating all day, but keen to get the protein in, and want to try and balance the artificial flavors with some more wholesome food.
mommy794
on 2/14/12 9:08 am
I saw the Dr. today and he said I'm on track... so glad to have the DANG DRAIN out! when what a relief I felt so much better LOL ... Including pre op I've lost 15, don't think I have EVER done that in 2 weeks so I"m happy! Let the losing continue :) 

A H.
on 2/14/12 9:27 am
Revision on 02/09/12
I had surgery 2-9 and am on clear liquids 4 weeks post op. if in doubt just skip the food and let your sleeve heal. Once I do begin to eat my dr says never more than 4 oz in one sitting. Less is always better where the sleeve is concerned I think.

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views