Big mouth!!

alasvolattpropriis
on 2/20/12 1:15 pm - MA
VSG on 02/08/12
  It's my own fault. I told an old friend about being sleeved and she told her sister who told the whole neighborhood. Everybody kept grilling my brother until he had to say yes.  Not sure if I should say her thanks for letting everyone know or just leave it alone.  Then I got acard in the mail from my sister-inlaws's parents. She said oh was I not surpose to say something! The next kicker was I stopped by my other brother's house & someone I never meet was babysitting my niece & said congratulations I have had an RNY. 
I guess you can't trust anyone lesson learned!!   

Pooch2
on 2/20/12 1:21 pm
Folks are gossips, it makes their mediocre life seem better, anyway, what they think is not nearly as important as how your thinking, work your plan be successful and over time......all their noise will simply fade to black....and you will be left with a better, healthier and happier you....(on their best days all put together, they could never give you that) 

Hang in there......
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Mike B.
on 2/20/12 1:26 pm
Everyone will find out eventually anyway, so don't let it bother you. Let it go. Just remember, if you want anything to be kept a secret DON"T TELL ANYONE!!!!! Just stay focused on what you need to be doing to be successful with your sleeve. Good luck.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

EmpoweringMe331
on 2/20/12 6:48 pm - MD
 Hi, what do you mean everyone will find out anyway? Only if you tell your business. I have lost over 100 pounds and I still have not told only but my boyfriend and 1 cousin. I did not tell my family because of there negativity. My family has seen me lose 70 pounds one time before due to the Atkins diet. That diet is the same diet for this procedure- low carbs. People are quick to judge you and I did not want the talk to be about me and my decisions.
theshrinkingmimi
on 2/20/12 11:50 pm
Well you might as well accept it now.  It is a violation but can't be undone. If you don't want someone to repeat something, you have to be clear to them that they shouldn't repeat it.

I haven't told many people, but I told them that I want to control who I tell. My aunt told some other aunts who are not close to me and some don't even like me. I firmly believe in keeping negative people out of my business, but  I just moved on.

One of my friends told me that she started to tell someone but instead told them "I'll let her tell you." I asked, "tell him what?"  When she said my surgery, I told her that was silly. I'm not close to that man, why in the hell would I tell him my medical business?  She said "good thing I didn't say anything."  I wouldn't have been devastated, but I just have no desire to talk to acquaintances about my medical business. But that's just me. I don't tell everything I know, and I wish people at work would tell less of their business.

Whenever someone who I didn't tell finds out, I just move on. Your situation was overwhelming because it was so many people coming out of the woodwork.  But you'll be ok.  Focus on you.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
CheeseLover
on 2/21/12 12:06 am
VSG on 02/16/12
That sucks! This is exactly why I chose not to tell but a very select few people. Screw them anyway.
David R.
on 2/21/12 1:08 am
It seems like people have had different results in telling freinds and family about their surgery. I told all of my friends and have had nothing but the best support and well wishes. Ohh well to each his own.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views