day 1 of my 2 week pre op fast

bestillkc
on 2/27/12 10:47 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/12

so for the first 5 days I am allowed to have 6 protein shakes (I choose the atkins kind) and 4 food choices (4 oz of cream of wheat made with skim milk, sf pudding, low fat creamed soup 4oz,) and then 64 oz of water....which can include clear broth. 

so far so good.  I did experience having my mouth water like Pavlov's dogs when a Whopper commercial came on though....

i work 3rd shift so i have 4 shakes left to drink and 2 food choices left. 

and i had my swallow study and all my preop testing done this AM. 

can't believe the countdown is on.....woop

(on days 6-13 of the fast we drink a different protein shake 3 tiems a day plus one of any shake of our choice...but no food choices....)

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight charts
(deactivated member)
on 2/27/12 11:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
I'm almost exactly a month behind you. I'll be watching for your updates. Keep up the good work!!
Louisianawench
on 2/27/12 11:48 am - New Orleans, LA
VSG on 03/21/12
I have started my pre-op diet and am only allowed protein shakes,low sodium broths,jello, and sugar free liquids. My surgery is March 21st so I have to do this for 25 days prior to my surgery and 2-3 weeks afterward according to how fast my stomach heals.
Holly L.
on 2/27/12 11:52 am
VSG on 05/14/12
Good luck!  Mine is in May and I am not looking forward to the 2 week liquid diet!  It will all be worth it in the end though!
Blondie69
on 2/27/12 2:30 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/27/12

Today is my day 1 for my pre-op 4 week diet at the end of the month... And yeah I know the commercials... uuughhhh! So keep me posted, let know how its going! Wooo woo hang in there!

Blondie        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views