FINALLY! NORMAL BLOOD WORK!

C. Harvey
on 3/4/12 10:40 pm
VSG on 01/11/12
I AM A LAB TECH SO I TEND TO CHECK MY LEVELS ALOT. SINCE HAVING THE SLEEVE ON JANUARY 11TH AND THEN A HORRIBLE STOMACH VIRUS 2 WEEKS LATER...I'VE HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS OUT OF MY POTASSIUM, LIVER ENZYMES, AND PROTEIN INTAKE. (I STILL CAN ONLY TAKE IN ABOUT 25G PROTEIN DAILY). NUT IS WORKING WITH ME ON IT THOUGH AND HOPEFULLY IT GET'S BETTER SOON. THIS MORNING THO I DONE LAB WORK ON MYSELF AND MY TOTAL PROTEIN, POTASSIUM, AND LIVER ENZYMES ARE ALL IN THE NORM! THANK GOD! I AM SO HAPPY I COULD DANCE!! LOL

Simplyme83
on 3/4/12 10:44 pm
 That's awesome, I am getting ready to have my 6mth labs done. How do I get the results and know what normal is? I know the doc will review but I would like to review them to know what they should be. 
 ~ Simplyme83~          
gmb87
on 3/4/12 10:47 pm - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
I had my sleeve on the 10 of january and my 1 month check was good or at least not so bad i got " yelled " at. I know what you mean about the protein. Shakes arent great. Try the isopure drinks from GNC. They have 40 grams per bottle and various flavors that are pretty good. Good luck and to your success.
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
C. Harvey
on 3/4/12 10:48 pm
VSG on 01/11/12

YOU CAN ASK YOUR DOC FOR A COPY AND IT WILL DISPLAY YOUR RESULTS AND THE NORM RANGES...FOR POTASSIUM THE NORMAL RANGE IS 3.5-5.1 (MINE WAS RUNNING 2.5 OR LOWER) FOR TOTAL PROTEIN IT IS 6.4-8.2 (MINE WAS 6.0 OR LOWER) AND FOR LIVER ENZYMES IT IS AST 15-37 AND ALT 30-65 (MINE WERE BOTH IN THE 100s)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views