know whats good...

carrierae
on 3/5/12 11:28 am - WA
 a ruben minus bread. 

broil a bit of pastrami to get warm. cover with swiss cheese. broil. put on saurcraut...and a dab of thousand island. just enough dressing for taste. mine has 4gm carbs per 2tbsp so i use 1 tbsp.

super low carb, super filli g and super yummy. plus you will feel like part of the family. make same thing on  toasted bread for your significant other. you wont feel like you are missing out. 

Carrie   HW: 334/Preop Appt W: 328/SW: 313/CW: 2  
preop: -21lbs, month 1: -28lbs, month 2: -16lbs, month 3: -18lbs, month 4: -11lbs,
month 5: -11lbs, month 6: -7lbs, ...all the way down. NOTE: after slacking I got back on track in Nov (month 12) and have lost 16lbs so far!

sunnymicki
on 3/5/12 11:34 am
yes........I love to do sandwiches without the bread.  I usually use a piece or two of leaf lettuce to act as the "bread" or do a lettuce wrap.  And eggface had this awesome idea to stack cucumber slices, deli meat and cheese, with a bit of whatever spread on top - that is one of my favorite lunches.  Cucumber, ham, swiss and honey mustard especially.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

TheBiscuit
on 3/5/12 11:35 am - TX
 I do this in a skillet, but usually with ham and swiss or turkey and swiss. Little bit of no cal ranch or BBQ sauce and it's amazing! I've even tried toasting a piece of bread and having a few bites with it, but honestly, I'm not even that much of a fan of bread anymore. It's more of a chore to eat it, so I prefer just the meat.
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Shagdoll
on 3/5/12 2:09 pm
OMG my mouth is watering. I'm gonna have to try this! Thanks for the tip!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views