Gas, bloating and smelly BM's

BETHC500
on 3/16/12 2:22 am
I have had issues for quite a while with gas.  I had figured that it would go away the more time passes after surgery. I am always feeling bloaty gas type rumbles in my stomach and belching after I eat. But now I am having smelly gas and bm's... Ugh so not sexy... Any Ideas... I have taken gas X and such but doesn't seem to help.  I do not eat bread, potatoes or pasta. I do eat lower fat cheeses sometimes but not every day.  I have used lactaid and soy milk. I tried pro-biotic yogurts and its not helping.    Any Ideas??????????

amidwife4u
on 3/16/12 2:40 am

Do you log everything you eat.  If not, you should, and at the same time you should log your symptoms.  You may notice that with certain foods you get gassy a few hours after you eat....you may be developing some food sensitivities or food allergies.  If you notice a trend, eliminate the offending food and see if symptoms improve, then do a food challenge after about 2 weeks and see if you get the symptoms again.  If so, you know you have a food sensitivity or allergy.  Another thing to consider would be gallbladder issues.  When folks get stones, they often notice an increase in gas, smelly stools, etc.  If you are having intermittant Right upper abdominal or shoulder pain, or pain in the back at the shoulder level, could be related to gallbladder.....see your Dr.

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
BETHC500
on 3/16/12 2:56 am
no pains really, and I have tried eliminating foods from my diet. I log everything.  I will start making notes about when it is happening and such.  I use to have IBS but when I started eating healthier unprocessed foods it went away years ago. Now... maybe its back...  I wonder... I will ask the doctor I think... Thanks for you help...

Most Active