Anyone hot?

MsMick111
on 3/19/12 11:24 pm - Cleveland, OH
It has been four months since my surgery and I am STILL overeating my sleeve...uggghhh.  Not because I am trying to eat a lot but because I can't slow down.  I feel like I'm eating at a snail's pace and it still isn't slow enough.

Anyhow, in the beginning, I used to have horrible foamies but now I get REALLy hot and begin to feel bad.  I have never had a hot flash but I would imagine that it is something like this.  Has anyone else had this happen?
Height 5' 7 1/2"  HW/PRE-OP WEIGHT:244  SW:236  CW:184 GW:162
Month 1 - 26 lbs.          Month 4 - 10 lbs.    Month 7 - ?              Month 10 - ?
Month 2 - 6 lbs.            Month 5 - ?            Month 8 - ?              Month 11 - ?
Month 3 - 9 lbs.            Month 6 - ?            Month 9 - ?              Month 12 - ?

Thicklin
on 3/19/12 11:46 pm, edited 3/19/12 11:47 pm - TN
VSG on 04/23/12

Sorry I can't be of help you. This is very interesting I was thinking to myself could it be that the surgery or losing rapid weight put your body into a early hormone change. I'm just putting that out there.

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/20/12 12:02 am
Yes.  The 5 or 6 times I overate and/or ate too fast, I got hot, sweaty, shaky and felt the need to lie down immediately.  Pressure in my chest, too.  It passed in 20-30 minutes, but it SUCKED.  I've never gotten foamies or thrown up.

I've definitely learned to undereat my sleeve now.  PLEASE keep working toward this or you'll find yourself eating more and more over time.  Our little sleeves don't stretch back to normal size, but they CAN stretch some.  Don't pu****  This is the time to make those good habits.  It's worth it.  :)

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

gmb87
on 3/20/12 12:23 am - East Aurora, NY
VSG on 01/10/12
it feels like your eating slow, believe me I do the same thing, but I still take normal size bites and fill up quick. I have never had foamies and I don't get hot but I do get the pain in the chest if I over do. I am starting to realize what full should feel like then stopping myself, because 1 more mouth full "hurts".

I am working on eating habit adjustments and stay aware of how I feel, but I have occassionally over ate myself and it isn't worth the pain. I have came this far and I never want to go back. All I can say is try try try to do better. My quote above my weight loss ticker says it best.
Remember  it's bariactric surgery, not brain surgery! You need to get your head in the game!!!!                      
PaulaS
on 3/20/12 12:30 am - TX

Try measuring food and only putting on your plate an amount this is UNDEREATING your sleeve.   I have never mastered eating slowly, but always undereat my sleeve because I measure EVERYTHING!  
Frisco (and others) have very good advice - always, always undereat your capacity.   It is not about getting full, but  all about being satisfied!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
blueeyedgal
on 3/20/12 12:37 am - AL
VSG on 02/03/12
I did have the feeling hot and fullness in my chest one time when I ate one bite too many.  Hope this helps.

blueeyedgal    
jadelet
on 3/20/12 1:04 am
Hey, I know that feeling, and here's a couple little tips on how to slow down that have really helped me:

premeasure your portions, and stick with that. Put away the rest before you even start eating.
use ****tail forks and baby spoons.
precut your bites, nothing bigger than a die (like as in dice)
count the number of times you chew each bite, and never chew less than 30 times. even soup.
NEVER eat while a. watching tv or b. working or c. doing anything else focus on enjoying your couple of oz of food.

When I don't follow these rules is when I hurt myself. Slimies suck, and so does the hot flash that accomapanies stuffng your sleeve.

There's a great book out there called 'mindful eating' that helped me rethink the whole eating process.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.?

HW: 280   SW: 277 CW: 196

hwag5149
on 3/20/12 1:15 am
I would definitely measure out no more than 2 1/2-3 oz of food. If you find that that is considered over eating your sleeve then I'd go down to 2 oz. I wouldn't go over 3 oz. After a while you'll learn what that portion looks like so when you go out and don't have anything to measure with you will be able to kind of know by looking at it and will less likely over eat by portioning out your food.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views