Time after surgery that I could go back to swimming/exercise

tabrielle10
on 3/22/12 1:59 am
Hi all,

I joined the fitness center here at my job on 02/28/2012 and have been enjoying every other day of it!  I participate in the aquatics classes offered every evening and I also do weights in the water as well.  This has become quite addictive, and I would like to know how soon will I be able to return back to the water to start back again?  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/12 2:16 am
You should check with your surgeon for specifics.  For me it was don't lift anything over 15 pounds for 4 weeks I think.  I started out just walking laps around the neighborhood, then moved on to walking on the treadmill and using the recumbent bike at them gym.  Now my biggest regular workout is water aerobics, but I still walk some too.  I think I started the aquatics classes around 3 weeks out.  Do be a little careful though.  My surgeon said no abs work for 6 months which seems pretty darn conservative.  I've found that I do use my abs a fair amount in water aerobics even though for the first month or so the class I was doing didn't include any crunches.
tabrielle10
on 3/22/12 2:56 am
tabrielle10
on 3/22/12 3:04 am

Cool...what about the Jacuzzi pool?  Can I sit in there too?

tabrielle10
on 3/22/12 3:03 am
tall_not_venti
on 3/22/12 4:29 am
VSG on 02/23/12
I was cleared to go back to aqua aerobics when my incisions healed. It took justabout 3 Weeks for the biggest one to close.
tabrielle10
on 3/22/12 5:49 am
Nice...I can't wait!  I sooo love the jacuzzi sitz!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 84 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views