One week post-op

FindingFit
on 3/24/12 3:03 am - WA
 Well I made it through the first week post-op and feel great. The day of surgery was rough, lots of gas pains ans some nausea. I left the surgery center about four hours after my surgery and went back to our hotel room and slept. The first day and second day I would wake up take my pain medicine, walk the halls, sit for a few minutes and then right back to sleep. The first day I drank one water bottle over the course of the day. The second day I also drank a small bottle of G2. After that I started adding protein shake. I had my surgery in Vegas so the third day my husband and I went to the strip and I made it about two hours before I needed to go back to the room. The fourth day I had my post-op appt and flew home. It was about a two hour flight and I was not super comfortable but I made it.  The rest of the week has been pretty easy. Yesterday was the first day I was able to finish two protein shakes. I started walking outside too (I might have done that sooner but we had some snow). I walked twice at about 3/4 of a mile each time. 

My weight loss for the first week post-op was 10 pounds which put me at 25 pounds off including my two week pre-op! I was worried that I wouldn't lose any the first week because of the pre-op loss but thankfully that was not the case. I am thrilled with my progress and feel really good. I go back to work tomorrow evening so cross your fingers that I will be able to stay awake for the whole shift 

Kevin H.
on 3/24/12 3:29 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Glad to hear things are going well!

firefly2000
on 3/24/12 7:40 am - NJ
VSG on 03/20/12
 Congrats on your surgery!! That's amazing that you were able to leave only 4 hours after surgery! I was so out of it for the first 2 days, day 3 and 4 was a little easier, but still was hard! 
Keep up the great work!
Lesley

Most Active