EXERCISE HURT ME

FabulousNFree
on 4/4/12 10:41 pm - GA
VSG on 03/22/12
My Dr. cleared me for excercise on Monday and I've been walking, (stationary) cycling and exercising between the sheets Well had to cut the hr workout short this morning...I was on the treadmill for 20 min, got off felt fine, got on the bike and felt pulling pain on my left side, not directly near any one incision (largest incision is only one on left side)...got back on treadmill had to stop, large incision starts to hurt now. Came home laid down and it really hurts, I really hope I haven't pulled anything

onemoretry
on 4/4/12 10:43 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I hope you feel better soon. You may have to slow it down a bit.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

FabulousNFree
on 4/4/12 10:49 pm - GA
VSG on 03/22/12
Thanx..I was only doing 3.1 on the treadmill, maybe I'll just take a slow walk around the neighborhood and chill out with the bike. And of course the bike is my favorite exercise. I guess I'll replace with a little dance dance revolution or the Dougie

onemoretry
on 4/4/12 10:54 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Girl, I can't do the Dougie, but my dad can. He is 65, I about died laughing. He can do that dance too where you pretend to be sitting in the wheel chair, can't remember what it's called.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

bigmama3
on 4/4/12 10:46 pm

Wow!  I walked immediately after surgery (went to the park and did a few loops each day), but that was the extent of my work outs.  Didn't go back to the gym until 3 1/2 months after surgery.

Take it easy...don't overdo it.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

SassyItalian
on 4/4/12 11:10 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
too.freaking.soon.  your doc needs a reality check.

walking, without incline, at a bit slower of a pace. ok fine.

but you just had major abdominal surgery so no bike, no incline, no weights. for at least 6 weeks BUT 12-16 weeks is ideal.  

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

happymom80
on 4/4/12 11:29 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
I hurt something about two and a half weeks after surgery...close to what you are too. I had to help my daughter up and it hurt a lot. I was very, very careful for the next couple days and rested a lot and it healed back up very quickly. Now everything is healing quite nicely. My stitches are almost gone (I think...the hard knot is getting smaller) and I can walk pain free. I did 3 miles last saturday at mostly 3.5mph.

I hope you recover just as easily! Take it easy though...and don't increase your speed or anything until it doesn't pull at all.

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

hrford
on 4/5/12 12:10 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 I had the same thing happen on Monday.  I went for a good walk at a good clip with my neighbor's dog and I dont know what I did but I've been in pain above one of my incisions since.  I just think I(we) pushed ourselves too fast.  Yesterday I did 20min. on the eliptical and stopped.  That seems to be all I can do right now.  Wi**** was more but it isn't worth putting myself back in bed from the pain!

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

INgirl
on 4/5/12 12:13 am
I did the same exact thing, about 2 weeks out.. but I was only walking on the treadmill.. Between my belly pulling and the walking, I got a stitch in the left side. It lasted another couple weeks with plenty of painful zings. Nothing damaging, but I did hurt it. Cut muscles, cut nerves.. walking slow is it for a while- take it easy! Heck my largest incision, the one that was indented a bit for a few months- still pulls if I stretch backwards too far! For months, if I bent over at a deep angle it felt like a match had been put on the spot. Internal stitch I suppose.
AmberK
on 4/5/12 12:52 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Wow, you are doing too much too soon! I am four weeks out and I have the exact same pain as you do when I do laundry or empty the dish washer. Until I can do my regular chores without any discomfort, I would not do any exercise! Hope you feel better! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views