A new milestone towards the new me! :)

runfatgirlrun
on 4/7/12 4:44 am
I reached 165lbs today.  This is huge for me since I would have never contemplated getting to this weight.  I was overweight my entire life, even as a child. Despite hitting this weight I am still fat and my body shape is still fat.  I look better in clothes but disgusting naked.  Thing is I feel so much better and have more energy and that is more important.  In my head I am fat and I am working on that.  Since I have always been overweight I am still not sure where my healthy weight level will be.  The charts tell me one thing, Mr. Dr's tell me other weights.  There is no set weight goal.  If I had been thin in adult life I could at least say - "Hey I want to reach 130 lbs like I was then" but I have no measure.  In my head I am liking myself better each day.  I am feeling more comfortable about myself especially out in public.  I am losing the old sense I had when I was morbidly obese and so self conscious.

I plan to post some pictures at some point but I still have not figured out how to do it properly yet.  I must say that I find this site and the stories from everyone so inspirational to me.  It is all of you who motivate me each day to push myself to reach my potential. 

Madelaine2000
on 4/7/12 5:05 am
Good for you..I hope you do post pictures because you will enjoy the positive comments you receive.
SleevedLife
on 4/7/12 5:07 am
Congratulations!!

I think it can take the mind a while to catch up and really "see" the smaller body.  Give it a little time to adjust.  If you still are feeling down about your body or feel you look the same as before, you may want to talk to a counselor.  Body dysmorphic disorder isn't too unusual after massive weight loss can be improved with therapy  - and it would be a shame for you to not get to fully enjoy your accomplishment!  

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

AnnMarie
on 4/7/12 5:09 am
VSG on 04/10/12
Pictures would be great, I bet there's at least a couple people who could help you with that--also, how tall are you? that makes a huge difference
Grats to you on your success, I am very happy for your progress and look forward to hearing even more!

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views