Checking In...

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/12 1:59 am
:-)
So, if it helps you (as it does me) to be accountable, let me know what you decide to do on the exercise for next week. I'll check in with you. My plan for next week is:
Monday: Weight training and 30 minutes cardio
Tuesday: 50 minutes cardio, stretching and ab work
Wednesday: same as Monday
Thursday: off
Friday: At the whim of my personal trainer (hardest workout day by far!)

Also, got on the scale this morning and I broke through - barely, but the scale read 189.9. I'm in the 180s and I'm taking it!

I totally hear you on the getting far away from 200 business. Being a shorter man lurking in the neighborhood of 200 is not acceptable. Between 165 and 175 is going to be my "safe zone" and my doc thinks I should plan for a few pounds of bounce back. You and I are close in height (I'm 5'7"). I think we're both getting to that comfortable area - not fat, but not quite trim either!

It's a tricky place we're in right now because so many people aren't used to the way we are looking and we are so thin in comparison to a year ago. I have so many people telling me it's time to stop losing, but I know what I should weigh. I know I won't feel "safe" until I hit 180.

I'm off to launder those new shorts and get out in the garden. I have tomatoes to plant and rose beds to weed!
Lynnegetsbrave
on 4/20/12 6:24 pm
 I think people who have weight issues are notoriously hard on themselves..and it is that stinking thinking that throws us into problems...I haven't had my surgery yet...but I have leaarned in my short time here that everyone seems really supportive and while our "normal" response may be to hide when we struggle...seeking support will make such a big difference.  Besides...here is my definition of success...if you fall back into old behaviors and you don't stay there as long...you are successful...sounds like you recognized what could become an issue....went against your old coping skills by letting people know you were struggling...so you are successful...So tomorrow when you wake up....pat yourself on the back...not only are you changing your eating habits...but you are now changing a coping skill...congrats on your success!!
Happy966
on 4/20/12 10:15 pm

Thank you, Lynne. 

I keep posting because I know this is my last, best shot at long-term weight loss.  I identify as a food addict and compulsive overeater, and besides my own recovery (the number one reason I'm here), I also want to be honest with my addiction issues because surgery doesn't cure them.  Thank goodness so many people here know that (or at least know that's how it works for me).

Best of luck on your journey!  It's so good to be on the boards beforehand.  I learned so much.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Mom4Jazz
on 4/20/12 9:18 pm
First of all, {{hugs}}. Stalls suck. They are discouraging and for me were the hardest times to keep up with my new habits. Think of them as practice for maintenance, which is pretty much one life-long planned stall.

You can do this.

Fiber gummies were not my friend either, for the same reason. Try flavorless Benefiber (I use a store brand) in your beverages. Not a party in your mouth, but most of the carbs are just the fiber and it doesn't sing to you.

The two things I did best to keep the loss moving were up proteins (I did over 100 grams a day the last few months) and up fluids to over 100 oz a day. Those two changes seemed to get things moving again.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Happy966
on 4/20/12 10:04 pm

Thank you for you hugs, and your (always) wise advice.  I will definitely up the protein and the fluids.  You're one of my heroes!  Thank you.

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/12 2:02 am
JazzMom, question for you: How close to your goal were you when you upped your protein to over 100 grams per day?

I am in the 20 - 24 pounds left to lose range and am losing SLOWLY now. Would you suggest that now is the time or should I wait until the last 10-15?

I have a dream of making goal sometime this summer. Hopefully, that's not too unrealistic.

Thanks.
Mom4Jazz
on 4/22/12 12:44 am, edited 4/22/12 12:44 am
I was about 50 lbs from goal when I upped my protein and liquids. Wish I had done it sooner.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/20/12 10:37 pm
I feel you Happy!  I have times like that too!!  You know what to do... find the strength to do it and know that you're worth it!  We're here to support you, struggles or triumphs!

I have had issues with peanut butter and fiber gummies.  They are not helping me.  So I've stopped the fiber gummies (bowel issues haven't been too bad and I'm better off taking away a trigger).  The peanut butter... well the jar is almost empty and I have promised myself not to open another one anytime soon.  

Hang in there... you've got this!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Happy966
on 4/20/12 11:08 pm

Thank you!!

I *hate* discovering yet another food I can't handle.  I *hate* it!  That sound you're hearing is me stamping my tiny foot.  Oh well.  Thank goodness there's plenty of food I still love that doesn't sing to me.  You'll really hear me scream if chicken breast starts talking to me!!

You know, I'm just really scared I'm done.  It's not like I'd be unhappy in my current body, but I still feel scary-close to 200 lbs and not pleased if 193 lbs is where my body maintains on

Faye56
on 4/21/12 12:19 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Happy, I have missed you posting on here and was hoping all was ok. I love to hear what you have to say because you always keep it real but help encourage everyone! I have just received (yesterday) an order of PB2. I have not opened mine either. Now, thanks to you, I will wait until I hit goal. I also love peanut butter anything but have stayed away from it since surgery.
I know that you can get back on track because you look at your triggers straight on and confront them. That alone will make you strong enough to do it. You have come a long way baby...we all have.
You are such an inspiration to me! I will pray for you and your struggles my friend!  (((HUGS)))

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views