Checking In...

Happy966
on 4/21/12 4:05 am

Hugs to you, too, friend!!  It is a challenging journey we're on.  Thank goodness we don't have to do it alone.  No choice but to get back on track!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

INgirl
on 4/21/12 1:42 am
Aw Happy ((big hugs)).. I can feel your frustration and questioning all the way over here..
You are good to have ID'd or admitted the over-fondness for those things that scream for your attention.. no excuses, no saying "screw it!" is right! Nope, no alternatives- this is our life now.. lifestyle? Whatever. Either way, it's something we chose, and we need to keep walking the same path- as the other is just around the corner, and it takes us to a pretty rough neighborhood doesn't it?

I feel you on the move thing.. I do. I am not consistent with movement either, and I need to be.. for my mental state as well as physical! I have all my excuses, most legit physical stuff, some just plain old handy.. bad habit.. but I know it can be improved, one small step at a time.. I won't jump right into being an incredibly committed exerciser, but I can commit to the small steps.. which if tended to, will likely snowball into a little bigger accomplishments along the way since that's how habits tend to work. That's all I aim to do, to keep it reasonable to my reality.. 

I don't know if you do it- or if it would be helpful or hurtful to you? But for me, I took to graphing my daily weight on a chart.. I draw a line at last months "low" and another at last months "average weight" and then I plot each day.. I started this because I started to stall out 3 weeks of the month, with one fast loss stretch.. but during those weeks of gains or holds, my brain started saying unkind things.. and I'd panic that I was done.. over.. and over, every month.. It got old fast. The graphing does something to help me "see" that I am not "done" even as the scale trips me in the morning. It helps. Maybe it would help you too?

Happy966
on 4/21/12 4:17 am

Big hugs back to you, Jo!!  I track using DietPower, so it graphs my weight every day.  It's been pretty flat.  I knew it would slow down at 6 months, but it was pretty dramatic!

I'm not going to ever be an athlete, but I think some walking 3-4 times a week is achievable along with Pilates.  I think that would tap out my willingness.  I love your advice - it's so good to hear from folks a little further out.  I don't want to be done losing weight.  But I'll just keep on my eating plan and accepting whatever comes.

Thanks!!

LeahBea
on 4/21/12 3:58 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Been thinking about you and wondering where you'd run off to...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I know how loudly the food demons have screamed at me before and it's never any fun to tell them no or to ignore it.

I've recently fallen in love with real peanut butter (out of the jar). And I've been having it nearly everyday. Limiting myself to 1-2 tbsp has been rough but 1. I wanted to prove to myself that I could. 2. I needed to up the calories and it fit the bill. But I know if I get out of hand it could cause issues. Trying to keep myself in check is work!

I also have had a love affair with fiber gummies in the last several months. Again, I've been able to limit myself as of thus far, but I'm keeping an eye on it... Because, like you, I know myself and that if I get too far out of control of it'll be hell later.

You know that you have support here. There are many times you've been a light in a dark place for me, if there is a way for me to return that favor please let me know. I'll be sending good thoughts your way. ((hugs))

Leah

Happy966
on 4/21/12 4:11 am

Oh Leah, I'm so glad you're here!  I can get in this place where I feel I should hide if I'm not doing perfectly.  I am envious of those folks that were 100% on track all the way to goal.  On the other hand, I think it's my life lesson right now - imperfect abstinence. 

It's a toss-up for me - there's a delicate balance between what takes too much energy to control vs just giving it up.  I'm not willing to say "no peanut butter" forever, but it's probably not something I should keep at home.

I really, really feel the support!  I am so grateful you're there and that I'm willing to reach out for it.  I'll gladly take your good thoughts, and send some back your way!!

diane S.
on 4/21/12 4:28 am
welcome back happy. we are all here to share the rough times with the good ones so vent all you like. Every single person here has had stalls, disappointments with the journey, food fixations and other stumbles along the way. congratulations - you are human!!!

its so easy to get caught up in negative thoughts when things aren't going so well. so remind yourself of how far you have come and take the whole journey one step at a time, one ounce at a time, one gram of protein at a time. Every day is an opportunity - you can feel bad about past stuff or take a small step to make things better. Being open about struggles is a positive thing and this is a good place to do it because everyone understands.

You might want to limit the pb2 to only an additive to a protein drink. in fact, take the whole jar of the stuff and mix it in with a jar of vanilla or choc protein drink. then you can't separate it back out.

stalls are a reality of this process. if you didn't have any you would not be normal. enjoy normal. you will get there.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Happy966
on 4/21/12 4:45 am

Aw, thanks, Diane!  You are so kind.  You're idea about the PB2 was inspired, but I actually jumped emptied the rest of the bag into the garbage.  I decided that eating it was a worse waste than throwing it away.  I think that was something else I learned from Brandilynn. 

Yes, struggle is part of the process.  Stalls and struggles and falling in those food holes.  And getting up and trudging forward.  Thanks for the hand up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views