One Month Until Surgery

kaniac
on 5/19/12 1:50 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
My surgery is scheduled for June 18th. I'm super excited and nervous. My family and friends know about my surgery and are super supportive. I can't wait to be able to keep up with my kids. Any advice is very welcome. If you are comfortable answering them, here are a few questions:

What was your weight loss in the first month?

How long before you get up and enjoy activities with your kids?

Scale of 1(lowest) - 10 (highest) how bad was the pain after wards and how long did the severe pain last?

Did you have to change shakes because they tasted different after surgery?

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

etst222
on 5/19/12 4:20 pm
VSG on 04/17/12
Congrats on your date! 

I've lost about 20 pounds the first month, which I am very happy about....I think I may be in a bit of a stall right now though, which is fine.  I had surgery 4/17/12.

It took me a good 4 weeks to be able to play with my 2 year old.  In the last week, I've felt better than I have in a long time.  I noticed I was able to get on the floor with my daughter and not even think twice about it. 

Pain was about a 7ish for the first day and a half.  Day 3 was the worst for me.  I wasn't thrilled with the pain meds so I stopped taking them after about 2 days and it was tolerable.  I wasn't able to sleep on my stomach until 4 weeks out, but happy to be able to do that again. 

Yes, I had to change shakes.  I started with the Premier Protein shakes and now they just dont work for me.  I like the EAS protein shakes though.  You can find those at Wal-Mart.

HW: 313 SW: 278 CW: 272
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
kaniac
on 5/20/12 1:44 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
Thanks

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op