help with eating issue

Heatherp2363
on 6/3/12 9:10 am
I hope someone can help me I am going on the stage of eating and sometimes when I eat something new in about an hour or so my pouch starts grumbing and then I have to get to a bathroom is this normal or what should I do?

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 6/3/12 9:18 am
 not sure what this means, Heather, so I'd help if you will clear this up:   you are just eating, what, solid food?

and then in an hour....does grumbling mean your stomach is in pain or nauseated or what?  

you have diarrhea or what happens, exactly?

just going by what you have posted, my only guess is you are lactose intolerant and are having these affects from dairy.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

moonglo82
on 6/3/12 9:19 am
VSG on 03/29/12
What kinds of things are you eating?

I will say this much... most foods do seem to go through me quicker now that I have less stomach there.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

AnnMarie
on 6/3/12 9:19 am
VSG on 04/10/12
Hey there,

I'm sorry, what stage are you at? When did you have your surgery? I have serious ongoing bathroom issues which I have discussed on here before--I believe it to be a bile salts issue but if you could give some more info (as above) and what you have eaten, I can at least tell you if it's similar to what I experience or someone else reading your post can---as always, it's always best to contact your doctor :) that's what they make the big bucks for! *grin

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Desari63
on 6/4/12 9:45 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
I had this problem as well when I started eating normal (well normal for us..LOL!) foods again and the dr said it's because you haven't had any solid foods for a while so your body is re-adjusting to foods again. This will pass but jus****ch what you eat for a while and see what seems to trigger it more than usual...

Congrats on the surgery and a new adventure in your life!!!

Barbara McKeown

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views