Bones ache???

Teasha1
on 6/16/12 5:04 am
VSG on 06/04/12
I am 12 days out and my bones are aching so badly it is awful?  I have only been getting 300 calories a day and I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Jane B.
on 6/16/12 8:58 am - Strathmore, Canada
VSG on 01/11/12 with
I don't know about your bones aching, but why are you only getting in 300 calories a day?  You need more than that.  The recommendation is 600-800 daily.  I know it is hard at the begininng, but you have to try to get more down.  Do you like your protein drinks?  If so, just have one with you all the time and sip on it.  Are you on mushies yet?  I really wouldn't be surprised if your aching is due to not getting enough nutrition. Make sure you are taking all your supplements.

I wish you all the best for the future.  VSG is the best thing you will ever do for yourself.

Jane
HW: 243 SW:228 GW:160
"I want to really live, not just be putting in time"    

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 6/16/12 9:25 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
Make sure you're not dehydrated and get your Vitamin D in. Vitamin D is good for "aches and pains" kind of stuff.

Teasha1
on 6/16/12 9:35 am
VSG on 06/04/12
My food plans total is about 300 calories a day from day 10 to 20; still liquids but some creamed soups.

I did eat 10 oz of cream of mushroom soup today and one protein shake and I do think I am feeling a bit better.  Am going to aim to get to 600 - 800 calories.  I think I may try a scrambled egg tomorrow thinned with a fair bit of milk. 

Thank you so much for answering. 

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Mom78
on 6/16/12 12:22 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
I was at 300 cals then as well.  Are you on protein drinks yet?

I don't know what the right answer is, I've had achy bones since before surgery, now even worse.  My vitamin d was low at 1 month out, now its in the high regular so I'm not sure what it is.

I put a heating pad on my hips and back at night to help relieve it!

Good luck, make sure your getting your protein in!
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

infodiva808
on 6/16/12 1:35 pm
When we are rapidly losing fat, we are also releasing the toxins held in by the fat. That can result in some aches and pains as we are detoxing. Try to get in as much water as you can, take your vitamins, or maybe even go for a shot of wheatgrass juice at your local juice bar or health food store. It will pass. And it's okay to use some of your post-op pain relievers to make yourself comfortable.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 119 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 353 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views