How long after surgery can we exercise? Whet type?

FloridaVSG
on 6/29/12 1:04 am - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Trying to figure this out. Already getting addicted to gym and want to keep it this way...
Pre-op/HW: 302- SW (7/16/2012): 296 lbs- GW: 160-150 lbs. Month 1: -32 lbs.- Month 2: -16 lbs.
www.theskinnygirlinsideofme.blogspot.com  

cece58
on 6/29/12 1:10 am - CA
 I started walking on my treadmill right away. I started really slowly but worked my way up as I felt better. Walking is a good way to begin. After a couple of months when I was healed I started doing more free weights and strengthening exercises. I discovered Yoga after about 4 months and have been totally addicted ever since.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

FloridaVSG
on 6/29/12 3:59 am - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Thanks a bunch! I can't believe you're 115 LBS! Congrats...
cece58
on 6/29/12 6:42 am - CA
 Trust me, I can't believe it either. Every time I go shopping for clothes I am SHOCKED that I fit into a 4p. I is just sooo fun. i remember during my consultation with my surgeon he said I would be 120 within a year and I immediately wanted to jump on his operating table right then. He said I would be successful beyond my greatest expectation and he was right. I am extremely happy.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

morgans
on 6/29/12 1:12 am
VSG on 06/18/12
I'm a week and  a half out. My doctor cleared me for treadmill ONLY. No weights, no Pilates, no swimming. Anything that remotely engages the abdominals is out for the time being. Obviously no even sitting in a pool while the incision sites are still open. Sepsis is not your friend.

Walk, walk, run, jog, but don't forget you can't take in as much liquid as you may be used to if you're a treadmill junkie. Think of it more as just keeping the blood moving and the oxygen circulating than getting a real workout.

It's hard, I know, but one day at a time.

FloridaVSG
on 6/29/12 4:02 am - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Great advice! A million thanks! Hang in there! we'll compare notes! :)
Wiasbeck
on 6/29/12 2:25 am - NV
 I was cleared to do any form of exercise at two weeks out. Before that I was walking as much as I could.

I hope you'll be able to do all the things you love at the gym soon!
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
FloridaVSG
on 6/29/12 4:04 am - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
A million thanks! I see you're a newbie! Hang in there! :)- the results are sooooo sweet... Can't wait for surgery!
GrammyTee
on 6/29/12 5:43 am - LA
I had surgery only a week and 1/2  ago . (19th). My doctor said I should be walking one mile by the end of week one and up to two miles by the end of week two. Well I made it two miles today. It is so hot outside normally have been walking on treadmill. I can't pick up anything yet but that will come with time. I am still weak because of the liquid phase. Can't wait for that to be over. Proteins seem to be going straight through.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views