Day 4, getting better

amberkokette
on 7/1/12 2:44 am
VSG on 06/28/12
 So all of my incision but one are doing awesome. The one that is hurting at times my surgeons believe that I have a deep tissue muscle brusie so I will be doing ice on that a couple times a day to help with that. I am trying to only take tylenol because its really only painful getting up and sitting down or turning to fast or something. I think that I am better without narcotics. Then I just want to sleep and that messes up my liquid intake for the day. Anywho I get to do a protein shake today and I am so excited for that. Hopefully the next 2 1/2 weeks will go by fast and I can have purreed food quickly. I am really fighting with my head hunger and it suchs. Everyone around me still needs to eat but I'm not able.. It just sucks thats all. I can do this. 

Amber

Heighest weight: 433.5, Pre surgery weight 383.5 

Shagdoll
on 7/1/12 3:18 am
Head hunger is a b**** and it sucks that you have it so soon after surgery.  Since you are so early out, just try to focus on drinking water and getting your protein in by drinking RTD shakes like Premier.  This way you'd be getting in at least 60 grams of protein.  Good luck with everything!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

NewMe2Be72
on 7/1/12 3:21 am - CO
I am day 5 Post op... still dealing with gas and problems swollowing pills.  once an hour I have to have 1 oz of protein.. then in 15 min intervals 1 oz of  liquids... I know that I am not getting enough. I am also afraid to nap afraid to miss the liquid intake.  I too have others in the house.  It is not so much the look of their food as the smell mmmmm .   I told my son last night.. 'enjoy your subway sandwich for supper and I will enjoy my oz of broth' lol... it is irratating... but, I just have to have patience for healing and in time I will be able to eat again.  One day at a time.....
amberkokette
on 7/1/12 4:28 am
VSG on 06/28/12
 It is really challenging to fight head hunger and I know a lot of different surgeons let you eat earlier but mine is 3 weeks of liquid.. I just wanna eat something is my problem. I too want to take a nap because I am exhausted but I am afraid of missing my possible 4-8 oz of fluid intake I would miss during that time.. So am I never going ot be able to take a nap again?? 52 oz today really seems like a lot. It is about 1:30 and I have about 15 oz in today. So what happens if I can't stay awake long enough to drink them all?? 

I am just hoping to get the feeling of a 1/2 oz in my mouth so I don't have to continue to measure things Out. I pray these 3 weeks go by very quickly. 

Pain is actually pretty good except the one side. I took the vicodin like 2 times maybe 3 times yesterdaty along with Tylenol. Pain was pretty good and I know the pain will be less and less everyday.. 

Head Hunger sucks. I just wanna go grad a muffing out of the kitchen but I am trying to stay on track!! I see dr. friday at 2:15 so I will be sure to update then. 

CajunCuz
on 7/1/12 6:20 pm - VA
Hi Amber, I am planning to drink the shakes with the highest amount of protein in it.  I use the Pure Protein with 35 grams of proteinfor my pre-op diet.  Chocolate taste the best.  I figured with the vanilla flavor I can flavor with whatever I choose.  I have been on the forum and noticed that people sometimes have issues with getting their protein in.  I talked with a friend of mine who had the bypass surgery.  She mentioned that she lived on the Protein Shots from Walmarts for the first several months to get her protein in because of her difficulty getting the protein in.  I think the shots have 30-32 grams of protein in about 3.5 ounces of liquid.  Good luck.  Thanks for your input to my earlier question.  i really appreciate it.
Tgrayer1
on 7/1/12 4:29 am - SC
 What is your recovery time? My dr told me about two wks
amberkokette
on 7/1/12 5:05 am
VSG on 06/28/12
 actual recovery time really depends on the person.. I am just hoping sooner than later. I am not really having a lot of pain just want to be able to chew or suck on something.. I don't know. I go back to the surgeon on Friday so I will ask her all of these things. Also I think I am doing fairly well.. I don't have a lot of pain just the deep muscle bruise with one of the incisions. I know it is important to get my fluids in but I am just exhausted. 

Most Active