Vacation...Century Club Member...Pictures

seeingmyselfthere
on 7/12/12 5:11 am
VSG on 03/07/12
Hello Everyone!

I will try not to be TOO long - but I had to share some really great victories I experienced over the last 2 weeks.  As some of you may know - I've been struggling with seeing the changes in my body.  As a stay at home mom (I work from home as well) - I don't have as many outside interactions - which can be so important in bringing balance to your self image/perspective. My husband and kids have been extremely supportive - but after a while, I think even they got use to seeing me all the time and the change wasn't as drastic as the pounds dropping on the scale.  I guess it didn't help that I was still wearing 3X sweats and T's either - lol.

Well, our family reunion was last week.  I haven't seen my family since January, when my beloved father passed.  Everyone knew I was having surgery and my sister and cousins have been in constant contact with updates - but I've been a little stingy with the pics. lol.

When I left home for the reunion I was just under 100lbs - 95 to be exact.  I was hoping that by the end of the reunion I would have reached my first major milestone.  I decided ahead of time, that I would not log that week or be overly concerned with my food intake.  I have worked very hard the past 4 months to discipline myself regarding exercise and diet - but I wouldn't be telling the truth if I didn't say I was terrified about letting go of my controls - even for just a week. 

I was shocked to discover how much of my thinking regarding food - relationships - comfort, etc. was now on auto-pilot.  I found myself making great choices - not because I had to or even because there wasn't something more appetizing - but because I wanted to. And I felt great! Needless to say - the highlight of my trip was the recognition and absolute support and encouragement I received from everyone! I was prepared for some negative comments or suggestions that I was getting too thin - but there weren't any!!! Over and over I kept hearing - YOU LOOK GREAT and so healthy and so young!

My mom took the cake!! I was her new 'doll' for the week - and she dressed me everyday I was there. I came home with more than 50 new outfits that will take me from my current size (14) to a 10!! She is so proud of me and that means more than I could have imagined.  One morning we were having coffee and while I was standing at the coffee pot, she said "...Margaret, you look so good you're making me consider surgery - and you know I have no plans to have surgery..." lol. that was awesome.  My mom is doing great already - she has lost 56lbs and has just about 40lbs more to go.  But what a wonderful testimony - that the hard worked and dedication to this process is evident to someone other than me! lol

While I didn't hit my 100 mark last week (TOM stopped by mid way through the week - but left yesterday - lol), I lost 4lbs on my trip and hit 101lbs today!!!! I'm so excited - only 65lbs to go and this definitely feels doable! I have to admit, with so many compliments and feeling so much better in my skin and new clothes, it's been difficult to get back to my process of documenting and exercising. But today's victory was just the boost I needed. So, myfitnesspal - here I come!

I'm posting my pics below - not because I'm all that comfortable with them - but because I know they can be so encouraging when you're going through the losing phase.  I'm now wearing a ladies 14 - down from a woman's 24/26.  From my hips, to my thighs, to my forearm, to my biceps, my upper and lower thighs I've lost a total of 57.2". I still have a hard time believing it when I get dressed in the morning - but it's not as hard as it was! lol ENJOY!

2 days before surgery

Family Reunion - Girl's Nite Out

Family Reunion - Me and my favorite cousin

Family Reunion - Me tellin off one of my cousins! lol!

Dr's Office

JAlston
on 7/12/12 5:30 am
VSG on 12/07/12
Congratulations! You look FANTASTI****ep up the great work. Great job on such an accomplisment. I look forward to having surgery and hitting some awesome goals!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

seeingmyselfthere
on 7/12/12 5:33 am
VSG on 03/07/12
TYTYTY!!!! Where are you in the process?
JAlston
on 7/12/12 9:33 am
VSG on 12/07/12
 All my appointments are scheduled, my insurance doesn't require the 6 month weight program. My last appointment is on 8/29 and then all my information can be submitted to insurance for approval. I am already waiting impatiently to be scheduled for surgery. My surgeon's daughter is having some type of surgery so she will be out for 6 weeks which is why my consult is so far out (8/27).

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

seeingmyselfthere
on 7/12/12 9:48 am
VSG on 03/07/12

Gotcha.  I know it may seem far off - but that time will fly by - especially once you start going to your appointments.  I think that was the only thing that kept me sane during that period(even though I only had a two month period between referrral and surgery - lol). I made my checklist and checked each accomplishment off - and when my nerves were particularly bad I called my surgeons coordinator and rehearsed what had been done and what was left to do. lol. she was great and could appreciate how excited I was.  It's even better that you don't have to jump through the 6-month consult hoop like most of us did.  I had to have the documentation, but it just so happened I had already tried to lose the weight through a physicians program for 6 months before I decided to request the referral from my PCP. 

I'm so excited for you! As nerve recking as the next 2 months will be - take lots of pictures and keep a journal.  I found it so helpful in keeping me focused and to help remind me why I did this in the first place (sometimes when you're in pain or having a stall it's easy to forget). I look forward to reading your NVS's soon!!! Take care, and be good to yourself!

Knit1
on 7/12/12 5:32 am - WA
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. :)
In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck  

Surgery Date: 5/10/12       Ht: 5'2"       Age: 55
seeingmyselfthere
on 7/12/12 5:33 am
VSG on 03/07/12
Thanks!!
MeeMiss75
on 7/12/12 5:41 am - Katy, TX
VSG on 06/12/12
Wonderful testimony! It is so good to have the love, support, and affirmation of your family. Congratulations on your milestone!!!

seeingmyselfthere
on 7/12/12 6:10 am
VSG on 03/07/12
Thanks so much! And you're absolutely right - having that support and encouragement was more important than I realized. I thank God for my family - they have been fantastic! I won't go as far as saying I couldn't have done it without them - but I'm glad I didn't have to.  I've come to realize that not everyone has someone and God has blessed me with a whole bunch of folks that care about me and want the best for me. It has totally changed my thinking about things - and I really do believe that's what helped me to stay on track - even when I wasn't focused on my plan. 

By the way - i see you!! Great job on your success too - keep up the great work!!!
MeeMiss75
on 7/12/12 7:49 am - Katy, TX
VSG on 06/12/12
 Thanks!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views