pain?

rose conway
on 7/14/12 5:15 am - NY
VSG on 07/23/12
Thank u all for your replies. U all definitely made me feel better I was just afraid I was gonna wake up and its gonna be so unbearable that I can't deal with it
bluerskies
on 7/14/12 5:24 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 My pain wasn't bad.  The worst was the first night.  They had only been giving me morphine but then added lortab that night and the nurses were great in giving me the next dose just as the pain was returning.  They took great care of me.  Ongoing, the most difficult part for me was the muscle around my largest incision.  I would have sharp, burning pain and was unable to sleep in my bed for the first 2 weeks.  But the muscle relaxer they gave me as well as the lortab really helped to get the pain under control.  By two weeks out I was done using my pain meds.
 Jessica

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/14/12 5:24 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I woke up with a really, really sore throat and a painful right shoulder.(arthritis - I was hanging on to the bed bar for dear life - no idea why) they put something in my IV and by the time I was lucid again I had no pain at all.

That night and sporadically for the next 2 days I had left shoulder pain and nausea, for which I was given drugs. (that worked well)

If you're smart you'll walk more than I did. I undoubtedly would have had less pain. Walking in the hospital is BORING. I should have plugged in my audiobook and done it anyway.

Day 3 the drain came out and I had only minor discomfort after that. I did more walking and started getting rid of more gas.

We were driven back to our hotel in San Diego on the 4th day and we went shopping that afternoon. I got really tired, but the walking around the stores was the absolute best thing.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/12 5:51 am
Hi I had surgery on the 10th and at first I had some pain due to the gas in my tummy. I walked a lot and it helped. I have had healing pain at my largest incision. I'm 4 days out and it gets better daily but I still need hydrocodone in order to move around. My pain feels like a stretchy burning feeling. The actual stomach I have had no pain at all there. The first night home I had gas pain and I still can't fart like I used to but I do burp well. Gas x strips were my friend the first 2 days. Nobody else seems to have the pain at the incision but my doc says its normal. All in all I am well tolerating vitamins and all suggested foods.
Pobearsam7
on 7/14/12 6:15 am
I did have pain where my large incision is at but not after surgery... Maybe after I was discharged
Most Active