Sleeved on Monday, can't pass gas! PLEASE HELP! :-(

FloridaVSG
on 7/17/12 5:39 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Sleeved on Monday, still can't pass gas! Orally yes, but not below... So SORRY for the TMI but I need help from the experts! I'm losing my mind walking, walking, walking
Pre-op/HW: 302- SW (7/16/2012): 296 lbs- GW: 160-150 lbs. Month 1: -32 lbs.- Month 2: -16 lbs.
www.theskinnygirlinsideofme.blogspot.com  

Pkrplyr777
on 7/17/12 6:19 pm - CT

Gas X strips and walk walk walk some more.
Call the doctor for a script if necessary.
It will pass.
Your body will also absorb it within a few days.

good luck and welcome to the losers bench

donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
FloridaVSG
on 7/18/12 5:47 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Thanks Donna!
hwag5149
on 7/17/12 6:31 pm
I'm with the gas X strips. It's only Tuesday... I guess technically Wednesday  since it's after midnight.  I didn't pass gas until the day after surgery but I hear some people leave the hospital without doing it. The only reason I did it was because I gagged really hard and it pushed it out. The anesthesia and pain medicine stop or slow our intestines so that's why it's hard to pass the gas. They will start working again.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

FloridaVSG
on 7/18/12 5:48 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Thanks a bunch!
Italian-Princess
on 7/17/12 9:36 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

So sorry you're having this problem.  Don't ever worry about TMI stuff -- nothing is TMI when you're uncomfortable/in pain......lots of people on this board have experienced lots of TMIs, so relax!

I'm not an expert -- almost 3 weeks out, though, so I know what you're talking about.

Gas -- the good news is that surgeon's won't let a patient leave the hospital until she/he hears bowel noises -- that means things are working.  Maybe not as fast as you want, but working nonetheless. 

Gas -- the bad news is that it takes some folks longer than others to get rid of it.  No matter how much you're walking, walk some more............and as others have said, gas strips if needed.

Here's a TMI for you LOL  I didn't pass any until my third day in the hospital.  When I did, OMG OMG OMG it was like an atomic bomb went off -- I swear I damaged the bottom of the commode........it felt like I was going be blown through the roof of the hospital!  That happened twice............so be prepared for the unexpected -- it can come out when you least expect it!  (I'm going to be checking my hospital bill for any damages LOL)

Good Luck -- once that gas is gone, you'll feel like a brand new person and you'll love your sleeve!

FloridaVSG
on 7/18/12 5:51 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
OMG! That was hilarious! Was trying nit to laugh too hard bcz it hurts when I do lol... Atomic bomb LOL
aimnic
on 7/17/12 11:07 pm, edited 7/17/12 11:08 pm - VA
VSG on 04/30/12 with
i had a lot of gas pain the first few days post-op. it helped me to roll over onto my side - carefully, since you're tender - and then switch positions a few mins later. not sure why that helped, but it got things "moving" again. i was so thankful when that pressure went away!

good luck to you - and congratulations!

Aimee
Starting Weight - 323.6
Surgery Weight - 308.2
FloridaVSG
on 7/18/12 5:52 pm - FL
VSG on 07/16/12
Thanks Aimee! It does work!
jenngirl
on 7/17/12 11:10 pm
VSG on 06/25/12
I walked and walked at the hospital. It wasn't until the third day that I finally, on a walk with my mom down the hallway, had to inform her that she may want to speed up and walk beside me instead of behind!! Poor Mommy!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views