Back to basics (and some pics too!)

Steven S.
on 7/26/12 5:53 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12

Today is my 15 weeks post op.  For the most part  I feel fantastic! 

I have, however, this past week been struggling a bit.  It's all self induced....eating too fast, too much, the wrong stuff, etc.  I think I've aggravated my sleeve and it's become a little grouchy with me.  I've decided to go back to basics and back to the pureed / blended diet to help my sleeve calm down. 

I got to remember....mindful eating.  This is only a tool....I'm still in control of what goes in my mouth.  It's got to be good choices.

It's a learning process, but I can do it!

On another note, I found this picture from last year and it reminds me I need to stay focused as I do not want to be that person in this picture ever again!

Above is from June 2011

Above is from July 2012

Shagdoll
on 7/26/12 5:56 am
Wow Steven, rockin' that sleeve are we?!? You show amazing progress. Great job!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Steven S.
on 7/26/12 5:59 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12
Thanks!  I feel great, but I admit some days it's a little tough.  Got to change some bad habits (ie. snacking on carbs!). but for the most part....it's been an amazing ride and I'm so happy wtih my sleeve.

felicity2u
on 7/26/12 6:09 am - LA
Wow, you look amazing. Yes, it is easy to slip back into old habits. Good job catching it before it gets to be too much! Congrats again on all your success! Keep it up!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Steven S.
on 7/26/12 11:16 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12
Thanks!
RPick67
on 7/26/12 6:11 am
VSG on 06/11/13
Great job!!!  You look like you've lost more than 56pds. to me.

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

Losin-it
on 7/26/12 6:12 am - TX
Out standing partner, GREAT job!!!
Leiahaiel
on 7/26/12 6:15 am
VSG on 06/11/12

AMAZING, buddy! Congratulations!
loverofcats
on 7/26/12 7:25 am
Congratulations on your weight loss!!! Just keep looking at the picture of the person that you are now.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/12 7:25 am
Hey Steve, Great work!

Good for you for recognizing that you've gone off track and are willing to do what it takes to get back on track.

I went back to pureed and softs at one point after being on solids for a while. For me it was a matter of too much too soon. I'm all for going back to regroup and looking at priorities and strategizing.

Yup, keep an eye on those carbs. They can be the Devil for people like us! 

You're looking great. Keep it up! 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 79 views