Complications

cthr
on 7/31/12 8:29 am
Any complications in the long term?
starry957
on 7/31/12 8:48 am
Hi - from what I can discern on here over the past few months, seems like the only long term complications that I've heard of have to do with the suture line - ie ulcers?  I'd like to know the answer to this question too....lol

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Bf516
on 7/31/12 9:58 am
*interested in replies*
Lyn78
on 7/31/12 11:42 am
 Hello I had the VSG a little over 3 months ago and have researched complications post op and followed a few people who have had the same procedure and found the most common complications that are possible are developing a hernia under an incision site, gallblader issuses and possibly the removal of the gallblader. I have had issues with one of my incisions, the one closest to the drain site. All the other incisions have healed great. That one inparticular incision that is giving me issues is larger than the others. I talked to the surgeon about this and his response was thats where the larger instruments are used so it may take longer to heal. My dietrician also said she has 3 other patients who complained of the same thing with the same incision. Over 3mths later and at times that one site still bothers me, no where as bad as it used to but it lets me know it's there! Best of luck to you all!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views