I dreamed I could run again

Carpe_Diem
on 9/25/12 3:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Actually, I've had a dream about running many times over the years when I couldn't run at all. Sometimes I was jogging, sometimes running hard, and other times I was sprinting like I used to when I was younger and not obese. It's a wonderful dream because I feel so good. No pain in my legs, my back isn't aching and I'm not gasping for air. And I'm always laughing with the sheer joy of it. Over the years I have probably had a "running" dream a dozen times or more, always waking to the possibility of never running again. Today, on the first anniversary of my VSG, I am pleased to say that I am running again. Not sprinting like a youngster, I AM 60 after all! But dreams CAN come true and I can't wipe the grin off my face.  Cheers!  Stewart
                                     GRAVITY SUCKS  
          LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY !     
Kristin B.
on 9/25/12 9:24 pm - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
Good luck on your surgery- it does feel good.
Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
Mike B.
on 9/25/12 9:42 pm
Way to go Stewart I never had dreams of being a runner, but now that I am I LOVE IT! 10 months ago walking was hard at times; now I run 30 miles a week on average. I would have laughed at someone if they told me this would happen to me after I lost weight. I look forward to running because when the run is over, I feel FANTASTIC. Like you, I may not run fast but at least I'm out there running. Keep it up and enjoy your time on the trails/roads.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

SweetJanee
on 9/25/12 10:30 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
I am so happy for you! I am at least 3 mos. from being sleeved. I have always been overweight/ obese, so it was always hard running ever since 4 th grade. I remember it being torcher!! I too have had dreams (lots since I was younger) of RUNNING and reading your post aswell as other makes me feel it might just really be a dream come TRUE Awesome job to u.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views