Hard to imagine...

tanass
on 10/12/12 1:43 pm - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with
I'm scheduled to have my surgery on October 24th, and I'm having a lot of anxiety about it..

Can't imagine myself smaller, thus makes it hard for me to imagine getting my sleeve, and surviving. I know it sounds stupid but has anyone else had these pre - surgery mental issues?

Just to clarify, Im a very active person. I work on my feet all day, and try to attend 2 - 3 body bootcamps a week (high intensity work outs) and usually go dancing every saturday night (No I don't drink, or do drugs). So I know the problem isnt like fear of being able to adjust my life to what will be required after surgery.

Maybe just jitter?. I dont know haha. I'd like to hear how others have felt a week before your surgery.

With this said, Im so very excited!

MrsD2000
on 10/12/12 3:00 pm
VSG on 07/30/12
 I know how u feel, it will come trust me! Don't look back just look towards the prize. Some times I look at myself in the mirror and still see the 282lb person looking back at me. It takes time for your mind to catch up to your body. 

Pinkchickadee
on 10/12/12 4:12 pm
 Am am being sleeved on Monday and I am a nervus freaking out  mess! I can't imagine myself sinny, I keep questioning whether or not I  really  want this which I  think is just jitters.  I am sure that everything will be  fine. So yes preop mntal issues present and accounted for. ;)

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

debk21
on 10/12/12 8:51 pm - Mansfield, TX
This is completely and totally normal.  You would be an idiot if you were about to have surgery and weren't at least a little nervous about it.  It's okay to feel this way.  You will get through it and come out the other side as a new happy healthy you!  Good luck on your journey and know that you CAN do this!  Try to ignore the anxiety and focus on the light at the end of the tunnel...{{{Hugs!}}}

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/12/12 8:56 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Look at my crazy pre op posts? I was a total mess. I think its normal. It is major surgery after all. But I found that it was less traumatic than I had worked myself up for. I woke up not thanking God I was alive but asking if my eyelash extensions were ok! You will do great!!! And what a relief it is not tohave to worry about hunger...i am lucky, no hunger at all so far.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

pinkjellybean
on 10/12/12 10:01 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I had a ton of jitters before surgery but have to say that it is well worth it and the anxiety just goes away once you are a couple of weeks out from surgery!  I still have a hard time envisionning myself smaller even now that I am over 180 pounds smaller! 

Good luck!!  You can do it!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

vsgman
on 10/12/12 10:37 pm - CT
I was sleeved last oct 24th last year... and it was a great decision, my old habits are trying to creap back last few months. First 6 months was easy and last six months learning to really focus on my eating habits. Checkout my profile for thoughts about surgery, probally very similar. Before i new it - it was over and i made out well. Sometimes you need to take a leap of faith to make changes.

You will do great and best wishes!

roxyrocks808
on 10/13/12 2:58 am - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
I was also very nervous and at the same time excited... These feeling are all normal it's a big decision and major surgery but for me and many others its been the best decision of our lives. My journey has been great, exciting and unbelievable as the wt just keeps coming off.... My body is changing, I no longer shop in plus size stores! I've gone from a size 24 to a 14 and I never thought this was poss, but it is. Good luck on your surgery, keep us posted on your journey plan for ups and downs and don't over think it too much.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views