Stall?

tanass
on 11/2/12 11:27 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

First off I'm sorry for my million questions. But this bothering me. I'm 9 days out of surgery and I haven't lost anything. I'm drinking lots of water, get my two/three protein drinks a day which are the premier protein so its 1g sugar and 160 calories and I think only 5g crabs. I drink a glass or two of apple juice a day and a pudding which is SF. I'm getting frustrated. Mainly because I haven't had any issues besides nothing is coming off. Also I'm going for 5 days a week/ 25 min elliptical a week. So far made it three times. I know i lost 15 pounds pre opt diet but ugh.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/12 11:33 am

This is a bit tongue in cheek, but why are you worried about the carbs in your protein drink if you are drinking about 60 carbs in apple juice?  :) 

I know, it's probably on your program.  Sigh.

I think you will start losing soon anyway and it will probable work for a while.  Maybe you are one of the lucky ones and carbs really don't have any effect on you.  Maybe.  If you find out differently, you might want to switch to drinking tea, or water, or broth and keeping your carbs under 40 grams a day.

tanass
on 11/2/12 11:42 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

Yes, my doctor wants me to drink the apple juice. I wouldn't even drink it if he didn't tell me to. I burn A LOT of calories in a day with my job and the gym. I would pass out with the absents of it he figures. But he says they're different then the sugars you'd get in a protein drink which is why I care about the amount in my protein drinks. I drink lots of teas, I hate salt so I refuse to drink any broth. Just annoyed as I was doing so good on the pre opt diet and lost 20 but now none lol and I'm drinking way less crappy stuff too.

AmberK
on 11/2/12 11:53 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

Carbs are carbs. I learned this the hard way. I was going to a gym who was telling us to cook with and use Agava Nectar for a sweetener because the sugar is less refined and does not cause your blood sugar to raise. Well, for weight, sugar is sugar, it does the same thing to the body. 

When I was talking to a doctor friend of mine she laughed when I told her about the blood sugar thing. She said if it is sugar it will raise your blood sugars.......

Right now your body is still adjusting to having major surgery and you have just lost 15 pounds. Give your body a chance to rest and heal first. 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views