1. my chest Xray
  2. gall bladder ultrasound
  3. endoscopy
  4. blood work
  5. meeting with the psych
  6. meeting with the nut
  7. heart ECHO
  8. lung capacity test

Good grief, the only "ologist" they didn't insist I see was the PROCTOLOGIST. 

I pray that the surgeons get my file off to the insurance pronto so I can have my surgery done before the end of year.  It would be really wonderful if I didn't have to pay another large deductible.

helpgranny
on 11/6/12 8:06 pm

I have Blue cross insurance I have been told that my plan does cover wls I havenot applied yet but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to approach this

MuttLover
on 11/6/12 8:20 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

My suggestion is to first call your insurance company and find out exactly what the rules are, then talk to your primary care doc, and go from there!

tlpldy
on 11/7/12 12:35 am

I have BCBS federal.  The insurance requirements are on a PDF you can access online.  I agree with other suggestions, contact your insurance, they can tell you what the requirements are for the surgery you want.  The Drs. office will also have a good bit of information and be able to guide you in the right direction, don't be shy about asking them for referrals for the psyche eval, or NUT if you don't know of a good one who supports WLS. 

MuttLover
on 11/6/12 8:19 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

LOL -- I know, the worst part -- when it's time for your surgery, I had tohave to have the blood work, EKG and a pre-op physical AGAIN because they can't be more than 30 days or something!  So just look at it as training!

Maybe let your doc's office know that you'd like to get it done this year because of your deductible -- it seems like most insurance approves within a couple of weeks -- so hopefully, it can happen.

Good luck!

Keywester
on 11/6/12 11:44 pm
VSG on 12/05/12

WOW - all that for Insurance approval?  I met with the psych and the nut for approval but I do the other tests next week.  3 weeks out.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views