Can't get rid of this knot in my stomach!

jan1114
on 11/11/12 10:58 pm

I'm nine days from surgery.  I woke up yesterday and today with a knot it my stomach I just can't ignore.  I know I need this tool to help me finally lose the weight, but I'm so scared of the actual procedure, the recovery and all the possible complications.  Wish I could just relax....URG!!!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/11/12 11:14 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Its an awesome tool and I don't regret a second of my post op journey. Are you finally getting the sleeve?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Steven S.
on 11/11/12 11:50 pm - MA
VSG on 04/12/12

I was nervous and scared too.  It's normal.  However, now 7 months out....I could not be happier.  BEST THING I EVER DID!  I love my sleeve!!!!

jan1114
on 11/11/12 11:56 pm

Thank you, I hope to be saying the same thing 7 months from now!!  I've just never had surgery before, and I'm nervous about the procedure itself and then any complications.  I hope I'm one of those that breezes right through it. Mostly worried about a leak.

How was your recovery??

Steven S.
on 11/12/12 12:01 am - MA
VSG on 04/12/12

The surgery is safe.  Do want your Dr's recommends and you'll be fine.  Follow their plan, and only eat what you are allowed through the different phases and you'll be fine.

I had my gallbladder out in Sept.  That was worse than having my sleeve done!

Keith L.
on 11/12/12 12:03 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I will tell you that a positive attitude will make your recovery a lot better. Yes you will have some pain after the surgery but totally easy to deal with. I barely needed pain killers. Yes the day after the surgery is the worst and everyday after gets easier and better. If you stick to your pre-op diet your recovery should go smoothly. Its true you will have to re-learn everything your stomach does. Yes you will have difficulty drinking at first and it may be uncomfortable for a little while. Yes you will have difficulty getting all your liquids in and your protein will be a huge challenge too. But you like all of use will get to where you need to be by the 3rd or 4th week post op you will be a pro. Yes you will have 1 million questions, most of which will be answered here and some by your doctor and/or nutritionist. In the end you will be fine.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Elbie
on 11/12/12 11:23 am
I bet you know a surgeon who can take that knot right out for you...

Kidding aside, I am sure you will do great. It is a big deal to go through surgery, your fears and anxiety are normal. I am really nervous too! Yes, there are some risks and they can happen to any of us, but chances are you will breeze right through and that the risks of this surgery are ultimately less than the risks of NOT doing the surgery. Do something nice for yourself to help you relax. Soon we will both be on the other side and wondering why we were so worried!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views