Feeding Ti

Spencerella
on 11/18/12 5:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I'm almost 5 weeks out from surgery now and am feeling happy and healthy.  The wisdom and support I've found here has been amazing.  I'm truly grateful to each and every one of you!

I'm following the Elina/Frisco 'old school' approach, where I've been saving all my sleeve capacity for dense proteins (with a 30 gr shake in the am to get me off to a good start). I can eat almost 3oz of dense protein a coup,e times a day, but it takes me close to an hour to complete the task.  Is that okay?  Or should I limit my consumption to what I can take in over 20 minutes or so?  

So I guess I'm not sure if I'm 'eating around my sleeve' or not!  Looking forward to hearing your opinions. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

desertmom
on 11/18/12 3:42 pm - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Hi,

At 5 weeks I would just eat what I could while sitting down for the meal (usually with others that took about 30 minutes) This might make you low on protein for the day and you might have to add another shake,or one scoop more.You might also stop after 20 minutes but then have some protein for your snacks as well if you are allowed 2 snacks per day.Some people eat 5 small snacky meals per day which seems to work very well as well.I just never had enough time to drink when I did this.

I dont know what other people did or do but for me this taught me to stop eating,not when the food is finished but when the time for eating is up.Also,usually after 20 - 30 minutes I was full anyway.

I have never eaten until "full" before but lately I've had a hick up ( just one) and this seems to be my soft stop,but often I find I have already eaten too much by then and will feel uncomfortable.My portion size is still 3 oz but sometimes we just shouldnt eat it all,especially when we kind of know that to squeeze in that last bite shouldnt happen.

So you have reminded me of the rules that use to work very very well for me.From today I will be following them again.

Lets see what others say!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/18/12 6:44 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I usually stick to 30 minutes at a time. Then stop. I can't do 3 oz of dense protein. I can do 2 oz of fish and 1.5 of chicken and beef/lamb/shrimp/tuna at a time. I try to eat five times a day and make sure that I have 1.5 oz of protein dense foods each time. I start out with a 30 gr of protein shake in the mornings (Premier RTD chocolate or equivalent) and then I tally up in the late afternoon and see if I will need to do another shake or half a shake to meet my goals for the day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views