surgery in the morning and I can't relax!

jan1114
on 11/20/12 2:32 pm

I hope there is someone out there that will help me relax.  I have to be at the hospital at 7 am tomorrow and Im full of so much anxiety and fear i can't even think straight , or sleep, I just want to cry and  KNOW everything is going to be ok.

mickeymantle
on 11/20/12 2:36 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

just relax tomorrow at this time you will be up and walking

Sasny
on 11/20/12 2:47 pm
VSG on 03/20/12

Hi

It is completely normal to be nervous about major surgery.  But don't worry.  You'll be fine.  The post surgery experience varies from person to person.  Hopefully you will have one like mine and have no pain after the recovery room.  Once I woke up in my own room I never felt pain again and after two days was off if pain meds.  I returned to work a week later feeling great.   My only initial side effect the first week was some fatigue, mainly attributable to the anesthesia.  I am so happy I had the surgery and would do it again in a split second.  Just imagine, in a few months you will be significantly thinner and healthier.  If you search for my other posts you can find my first one that describes in great detail my surgery and early recovery.

good luck!

stephanie

Happy Girl
on 11/20/12 2:51 pm - CA
Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of your life. You have a VERY exciting ride ahead of you! Have faith that the doctor you chose is the right doctor for you and he will do a fantastic job. Take deep breaths and get excited for the new and improved you! Think of the new healthy you in an outfit you have always wanted to wear. It is close!
Good luck tomorrow!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

ayydreeahnee
on 11/20/12 3:08 pm - HAWTHORNE, CA
I'm right here with you! I have to be there at 545am with surgery at 730am. Just relax. I'm going crazy over here but I'm going to watch some funny cartoons and stay off of this site until after surgery tomorrow! Relax! I'll try to!

SherBear41
on 11/20/12 7:02 pm
VSG on 11/20/12
I had mine done today. I have very little pain. I'm moving around very well. My only complaint is that my throat is dry, and I can't drink enough water to quench it. I would relive today a million times to get this tool to help me in my fight with obesity. Try not to worry.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views