The waiting is the hardest part...

LNC62
on 11/27/12 6:48 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Tom Petty was so right. I'm still waiting for insurance approval (Anthem BC of CA) and I am getting anxious because I want to have sx on 12/17 or that week. I've done the psyche and nut evaluation and the reports were sent, at least I hope they have been sent to insurance. Then there are all the pre-op tests I have to have done. I just want to know if I'm approved. I don't even know for sure if a pre-diet is required. Aargh, so much to think about.
FutureHopes
on 11/27/12 9:01 am - Minneapolis, MN

im in the EXACT same position as you. Id love to have my sx in Dec, but its probably not a possitibility for me. My insurance can take up to 1 month to approve, and then my dr said they schedule a month out.

Cant wait to take my after picture

2/22 My new beginning

Add me on MFP: Going2w1n

jarabacoagirl
on 11/27/12 11:04 pm, edited 11/27/12 11:05 pm
VSG on 12/17/12

I didn't have to wait on insurance since they don't even cover mine so I'm self pay.  But I did have to wait a long time cause of different things in the preop testing.  Now I finally and getting closer to the surgery day (Dec 17th) I am so hoping I don't get sick or something that day cause it's seems like I've been waiting forever.  I started researching VSG over 1 year ago.  I started the preop testing in May so it's a little longer than average that it took to get cleared.   I hope you get approved! 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views