torture

Taelor S.
on 11/27/12 7:01 am - IN
Well, I think its safe to say that Ifinally understand the concept of head hunger. My sister is over tonight to eat cause my husband made too much food. I couldn't stand watching them eat so I went upstairs and turned on, you guessed it, food network. That Paula Deen is turning me into such a masochist. Anyway, the point is, I'm sitting here drooling thinking about all the things I would love to eat and its starting to really frustrate me! How do you guys deal with it?! I'm not even talking about temptation, I'm just talking about being alone with your own thoughts. Its rough when you've lived your life a certain (unhealthy) way for so long. So.... what's the trick? I'm hungry!

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartoonstar01/lb/374/175/339/.png[/image][/link]

-Cindyloo-
on 11/27/12 7:09 am

OMG!  I can so relate.  I used to love watching the food network shows.  I can't do it anymore.  I find television, with all the food commercials, to be really hard to watch in general.  I have been using my computer a lot more since surgery because it doesn't have food ads.  It really helps A LOT!  I also record everything now so if I want to watch something, I can just fast-forward through the ads.  And it is still hard because I notice every time the people on the show are eating and what they are eating.  I love Big Bang Theory and they eat SOOOO much on that show (the apartment to-go food, Cheesecake Factory because Penny works there, and the cafeteria at work).  But, by far and above, the food network had to go.  I was sad to eliminate it, but I don't see any other easy ways to handle false hunger pains that channel brings.

Shagdoll
on 11/27/12 7:27 am

Just a question, have you had your VSG yet?  Just curious...

I deal with head hunger on a daily basis.  I got home from work last night & was hard boiling eggs on the stove for my breakfast today.  I have kids so I am constantly around their junk food like cheez-its, fruit snacks, & chips.  I opened the fridge and saw the cheesecake that someone gave us 3 days ago.  I had to make a conscience effort to not give in so I grabbed a water bottle instead.  It is hard for sure.  My reasoning to not open the box of cheesecake was that it was 9:30pm and it was too late to eat ... period.  I ended up bringing that cheesecake to work for the vultures to dig into. 

I've never deprived myself ever before surgery if I wanted certain foods.  I always ate crap, always.  It was only when I was on some sort of diet kick that I would watch what I ate but those diets were always short lived.  It's been a major adjustment for me to stick to my guns to be good.  The great thing with this low carb diet is that I get to eat foods that I love still like eggs, meats, & lowfat cheeses.  It makes it a whole lot easier to give up bread, pasta, rice, etc.  We are all different so we just got to do what works best for us.  Maybe turn the channel if Paula Deen gets the best of you.  That would have been torture for me too for sure.  Best of luck to you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Taelor S.
on 11/27/12 7:34 am - IN
Hey, thanks for the encouragement! My surgery was last Wednesday 11/21. I didn't expect that id be craving ANYTHING this early out, but alas.... here we are. Believe me, paula took a hike as soon as I posted this. I think ill be MUCH better off when I can eat actual food.

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartoonstar01/lb/374/175/339/.png[/image][/link]

ParisGirl
on 11/27/12 7:40 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Hijack!  There are mini-Shagdolls?  I bet they are super adorbs like you!!! 

D. Scott
on 11/27/12 7:39 am
RNY with

I'm living the same hell right now. I thought that after 5 days of clear liquids I would be excited to go back to full liquids but its been over two weeks since I put real food in my mouth and I'm going insane. I find myself crying a lot and feeling rather pathetic that food controls me this much. Also I do still have real hunger in addition to head hunger. I mean its much much less then I would have had prior to surgery if I had tried to only eat 400 calories but its there and its making it harder. Plus I seem to be having a hard time regulating my blood sugar (even though I am barely taking in any sugars/ carbs). I find myself weak and shaky a lot which of course makes me want to eat more. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to sustain :( I cant wait until the soft food stage when I can at least get some hearty food in my tiny tummy that will hold me over longer. Best of luck, you're not alone!

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

whnuwshupnastr
on 11/27/12 8:30 am - MO

I think I'm mildly obsessed with Food Network now. I liked competition shows before my vsg, now I just want to watch Food Network all the time.  

charjp
on 11/27/12 8:36 am - galesburg, IL

Taelor, thanks so much for your post.  I thought I was along with all the food commercials and shows.  I was getting depressed seeing all this good looking food (even food I would have never ate before sleeve).  I find that I am rarely have "real" hunger.  Usually it means that I need to look at my fluid intake and increase it.  I hope that after time the amount of food that I can eat and the kinds of food becomes second nature so the commercials and food shows don't bother me.

lucy2e
on 11/27/12 10:00 am - Laurel, MD

Early out I watch Man vs Food almost constantly.  It never made me hungry - I think I did it more for the reverse - seeing that much food eaten makes you be repulsed by food rather than want it.  

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views