the dreaded psych eval is done!

Tia T.
on 11/29/12 9:27 am
I am getting to the end of my 6 month supervised waiting period and taking the last steps required. Man, this is taking a long time! First considered it May, attended seminar June and have been seeing my regular doctor every month since July. My last monthly visit should be in 2 weeks. I completed the psych eval today, and it was every bad psyciatrist clique (sp?) you can think of: dark room with all the blinds drawn and one desk lamp on, fountain next to the worn out dingy arm chairs and questions about my childhood and how bad my depression is. I am very glad to be almost done with the steps, and should just have one more surgon visit and nutritionist visit before my file gets submitted to medicaid. Even though I am almost done, I am still looking at the end of March, which seems like a long ways. I am very thankful for this site! It reminds me of the end goal.
                                Looking for my inner peace

Pamela B.
on 11/29/12 10:12 am - AR
VSG on 08/14/15

That's Great to hear I'm also a newbie I also have a 6 mnth diet thing .Im just starting it so you give me something to look forward to....I have lost some weight since starting it....Nov.14,2012 I started it and so far I have lost abt 10 lbs or so in abt 15 days....I have my phych eval this next Tuesday Dec.4th,I have my lab work done also,now I need to do the seminar and the nut dr.and probley a support group meeting.....I have to get my labs rechecked in a mnth.....My chlostrol is HI,My Liver test also came back hi,my vit D is very LO.....Im hoping it is very temperary .....I cant spell......anyways GOOD LUCK Please add me as your friend.......I would like to be your friend I need some new friends VSG......TY.......

loulou1969
on 11/29/12 10:14 am

I did my psychiatric eval through Athena.   The psychologist was Dr. Janice Livengood.  They were absolutely great.  I am sorry you had such a bad experience.  The Athena staff were all very nice, organized, helpful, and supportive of my decision to pursue VSG surgery.  Dr. Livengood was very personable and so considerate.  Hope the rest of your journey is better.  Good luck.  

mickeymantle
on 11/29/12 2:48 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

just did the psych on Monday what a pain 1/2 hour talk with the psych then a 2 hour test on a computer with hundreds of confusing questions

bob-h
on 11/29/12 8:41 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

The more I read post like this the more I am glad I was self pay and did not have to endure such things. broken heart

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

mperal
on 11/30/12 12:20 am - IN
I felt the same way you felt going to see the psychiatrist. Mind you, I was a Psychology major in college, had a Master's degree in Organizational Behavior and Management and writing my dissertation for my Ph. D. I thought for sure the psych eval was going to be a piece of cake. I left crying!! He broke me down!! LOL. He did finds things about me that were true but I have to say, I think the psych eval was the roughest part of my journey. I laugh now about it, so just know that it will become something of the past! Best of luck to you!!
Pamela B.
on 11/30/12 6:35 am - AR
VSG on 08/14/15

I have my phych eval TUESDAY of next week I am DREADING IT SERVERLY I have had one before and dread it all 1.5hrs of questioning is alot ............................

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views