Hair loss solution?

VerucaSallt
on 2/7/13 1:52 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

I found this today.  Worst case scenario I get some good nutrients!

Eat sprouted green gram everyday in the morning and within 8 weeks you will see that your hairfall has reduced.

green gram
Read more: http://www.medimiss.net/2012/09/great-tips-for-hair-fall.htm l#ixzz2KEkinB6U

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/13 1:59 am

As long as you are getting your protein in, I have no issue with you eating sprouts.  However, the idea that these will stop the hair loss is a bit funny and shows that the person recommending this doesn't really understand the cause of the hair loss after VSG.

Telogen Effluvium

Telogen effluvium is a phenomenon that occurs after pregnancy, major surgery, drastic weight loss, or extreme stress, in which you shed large amounts of hair every day, usually when shampooing, styling, or brushing. It can also be a side effect of certain medications, such as antidepressants, beta-blockers, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. During telogen effluvium, hair shifts faster than normal from its growing phase into the "resting" phase before moving quickly into the shedding, or telogen, phase.

The symptoms: Women with telogen effluvium typically notice hair loss 6 weeks to 3 months after a stressful event. At its peak, you may lose handfuls of hair.

The tests: There are no tests for telogen effluvium, but your doctor may ask you about recent life events and look for small "club- shaped" bulbs on the fallen hair's roots. The bulbs mean the hair has gone through a complete cycle of growth, suggesting that the cycle may have sped up due to stress.

What you can do: In some cases, such as pregnancy or major surgery, you may have to bide your time until the hair loss slows. If medication is the culprit, talk to your doctor about lowering your dosage or switching drugs. If it's stress-related, do your best to reduce anxiety.

There you have it.  Your best bet.... just wait it out. It usually stops around seven months after surgery.

VerucaSallt
on 2/7/13 2:41 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Oh good... I was worried I was going to go bald. :/

Keith L.
on 2/7/13 2:11 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Doesn't it stop within 8 weeks anyway? All for the good nutrition, but I doubt this helps with the hair loss any more than biotin does.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/13 5:04 am

No, Keith.  It often doesn't even show up until about three months later and last until about seven months out.  The hair does grow back eventually.

jolenecsky
on 2/8/13 6:49 am - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12

THANK GOD!! (@Elina) I have been super depressed about my hair! I am almost at month 6, and my hair loss has slowed but it still steady. I just want it to stop!!

DOS: 8/15/12

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views