4 week post-op

Gigicolorado
on 1/1/13 12:51 pm
Four weeks out and doing well. I had some real surprises about this process. My biggest fear was the surgery itself and the complications that can arise. I had no complications and was out and about with no pain and all my energy one week after. So none of those fears came true thankfully.
The one thing that I had no concerns about at all is the weightless and my belief that I would no longer be hungry! This has been a big surprise to me. Keep in mind my BMI starting was 36, so my weightloss will naturally be slower. I have lost 20 pounds post op. I have high blood pressure, hip and liver problems, so this surgery was a necessity for me. However, it is not the magic pill!! You can't snack for 40 years and then expect that like magic you will not want to snack anymore. I want to snack constantly. My tummy can tolerate anything. Despite all the challenges....and only being a month out, I am doing well at resisting all the temptations!!!
I just want everyone to know that this is a tool that only you can make work for yourself. It is not the miracle cure. I have been through eight weeks of classes to prepare and waited for 10 months. So please know what you are getting yourself into. Don't get me wrong, I am super happy.

jenlaur1
on 1/1/13 12:58 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

congrats on your uncomplicated first month.  I remember after getting my band, I had 2 weeks of pure liquids and that was the longest two weeks of my life.  I was constantly hungry.  It was all I could do not to eat what my family was eating.  Very tough.  So, yeah...no magic poof and your thin..it takes commitment, courage and *****  Good luck to you on your continued success. 

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Most Active