Ulcer??

rissa1224
on 1/1/13 8:34 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
How can you tell if you have an ulcer? Sometimes, more so at night or if I haven't eaten in a little while, this weird annoying feeling- not so much 'pain' happens a little under my breast bone in the midsection. I read up on ulcers. Does anyone think that's it? Or is it normal? 4weeks post op today. Ugh!

jenlaur1
on 1/1/13 8:39 pm - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

just putting it out there b/c I had something like this...have you had your gallbladder out?  when I had attacks, it would feel like this kinda dull ache in that same area..sometimes migrating to the middle of my back.  When I finally went to see my doctor about it (I put up with it for about a year) I found I had 'sludge' in my gallbladder.  I had it taken out b/c docs all thought they would eventually turn to stones.  I don't know, b/c I haven't had the sleeve yet..but can an ulcer develop that quickly after surgery?  Hope you find out about it..might be something to call your docs nurse about..see if you should go in and have it checked out.  You don't want to wait too long on that b/c of the possible complications it could cause you.  Good luck...hope it's nothing serious

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

danixbanani
on 1/2/13 12:01 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

Could be reflux as well, especially since you are so post-op.  You may not feel "heartburn" but reflux/GERD can also come in the form of a little cough.  I had no idea I had GERD until my doctor told me.  It had gotten so bad that I thought my cough was bronchitis but no doctor was diagnosing me with it. 

Honestly, it takes time to get back to feeling normal.  I'm two months post-op and I still get gurgles and weird feelings every now and then.  I take it as a reminder that I have a new/smaller tummy ;)

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views