Post -op day 4 and feeling fine

laDeelila
on 1/5/13 5:29 am - NJ
Hey all,
I had to stay an extra day just to make sure my fluids were getting down as I had mad nausea the first couple of days due to IV pain meds which apparently my body is not to fond of.

I'm home and comfy in my bed with a fluid load up beside me on my bed table. Just being conscious of sipping and figuring out what this crazyface-sleeve tolerates is quite the task!

Just wanted to say all good on the home front an thanks for all the support.

Keith- I gained 12 lbs from all the hospital fluids (Whaaa LOL) Yea thanks for the heads up, I was super curious!

'Deneen

Excited and thankful to be on this rollercoaster of a journey!

MomofMarch
on 1/5/13 5:32 am - GA

Congrats on getting home! Take your time and sip, sip, sip! :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Cindi A.
on 1/5/13 5:34 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Congrats on being home and sleeved. I found figuring out what Bobo - my sleeve - wanted and could tolerate was, and is, quite the process.

Be patient. It does steadily improve as the days go on. Most importantly be gentle with yourself. I was very emotional and frustrated the first 2 - 3 weeks while trying to get a working schedule down for fluids, proteins and supplements. Still a work in progress, but I am winning the war now. LOL

Welcome to the loser's bench!

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

newyear_newme2013
on 1/5/13 9:29 am
Glad to hear you are home and doing well. Can't wait to hear about all the weight dropping off you!
thinnersinner
on 1/5/13 9:36 am

Hi laDeelila!  I had my sleeve on New Year's Eve so we are very close to surgery dates.  I didn't have nausea until I tried to stand up and walk.  Since then, I've had it pretty much everyday until today (day 5).  The anti-nausea meds are amazing and my body REALLY doesn't do well with pain meds either...I get crazy dreams and thoughts.    I was thinking that my sleeve has been somewhat like a honey bager...but it's gotten better LOL!  I still can't get over how much fluids I'm drinking...I've never been a huge water drinker in the winter time, so it seems like I'm forcing it down.  Hang in there and get well soon!

laDeelila
on 1/5/13 11:31 am, edited 1/5/13 11:31 am - NJ

Hey there! Congrats on your sleeve!

Honey Badger lol.....hilarious!  Maybe your dreams beat out mine lol. Last week my dream was about housing a giant hoagie.

Fluids are kind of ******g me off actually. My sleeve is saying "beat it, I have had enough!" I'm only getting in about half of what I supposed to. I get it now when everyone on this forum says how hard it is to sip and get it all in. I was a water chugger and now water in sips go down like rocks. weird.

Well good luck to you and keep me posted on your progress!

'Deneen

Excited and thankful to be on this rollercoaster of a journey!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views