So the chick on the news that got fired for being to sexy...

dr_spatula
on 1/7/13 1:44 am
VSG on 07/27/12

There were some grey areas in this case, and, IMO, she sued for the wrong thing...she should have sued for a hostile work environment rather than gender discrimination. She could have won! If I had a boss who texted me (even if did text him back) and told me that he wouldn't be able to work with me because I was too much of a temptation for him, I would be in a hostile work environment, pure and simple. The State of Iowa is showing its values right now, as well as its penchant for not understanding the basics of employee rights. 

Per ABC: "“Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing,” the justices wrote.......Nelson recalled one text she received from her boss asking “how often she experienced an ******”" - Hostile, anyone?!

Also, what would have happened if Ms. Nelson had been Mr. Nelson? Would the all-male Iowa Supreme Court stand with their decision? This whole thing just reeks with stupidity.

slimpickins5280
on 1/6/13 11:07 pm - CO

I guess I wonder how provocative anyone can dress in scrubs.

I don't wear scrubs for my work, but I yet to see any that I would consider flattering.

I also have yet to see a professional dentist office that doesn't wear some type of uniform/scrubs type of thing.

JMO of course.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views