5week Doc visit....this lightweight is getting lighter!

Gigicolorado
on 1/8/13 10:32 am

I hid my scale after week one.....because I was getting frustrated.  Let me tell you, that was a great idea!  Went to the doctor for my one month check up and I have lost 30 pounds!  Woohoo.  Considering I am a " lightweight"...this term always makes me laugh. starting weight was 36 BMI, So I think this is great .

Best part it my Doc took me off one of my BP Meds!  This is progress for sure!   

What a fantastic decision to have this surgery.  I could not be more happy.  I was sooo nervous about this decision considering I had less than 100 to lose.  But now I know my blood pressure will not get the best of me, thanks to the Sleeve!

Nikke2003
on 1/8/13 10:41 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Your idea of hiding the scale is VERY wise. My husband is threatening to take mine away lol I'm obsessing a little bit.

CONGRATS!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/13 10:41 am

Congrats on doing so well already! You're going to love it when you come off your BP meds altogether. I know I did! It's a rite of passage of sorts!

AS for the the lightweight thing.... HA! I was a lightweight, too. My BMI was 41 and I was called a lightweight. I still had to lose 100 pounds! That to me doesn't really qualify as lightweight. LOL! Just because you have fewer pounds to lose doesn't mean you won't have to work just as hard to get them off. It'll just happen a little more quickly, that's all!

SuzanneR
on 1/8/13 10:45 am - Randolph, NJ

Light weight here, too....love my sleeve! Not far from goal now! It's fabulous....right?

jenlaur1
on 1/8/13 11:01 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

congratulations!!  I hope I can lose like you..30 lbs in one month is awesome! :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

Most Active