It might be my Gallbladder

mtck176
on 1/20/13 10:06 am - NJ
VSG on 11/21/12

Hi everyone. Thanks for everyone's input on all my problems.

I have been struggling with water intake and pains when I eat  and pains when I don't eat.

My Dr said it maybe gallbladder issues. Having an ultrasound in a couple days.

Has anyone had gallbladder issues or gallstones? The little bit of research I have done leads me to believe that not

drinking enough water can lead to this. Just checking.

Swiftkick00
on 1/20/13 10:33 am

Hi

During my pre op testing it was discovered that I have several small and 1 very large gallstone.  Prior to undergo decision  for WLS, I had been very ill on 2 occasions---so much so I ended up in the ER......I knew nothing of gallstones but when it was confirmed that they were there, I started to back track my illnesses and equated it to gallstone attacks (nausea, violent right abdomen pain, etc.....Long story short......my surgeon informed me it would only get worse and  wants to remove my gallbladder first and then the sleeve......I found another surgeon that will remove gallbladder the same time as sleeve, for I didn't want to have 2 surgeries so close together......Gallstone attacks are very painful experiences and though I don't have children, have been told its worse than childbirth.......Can't wait to get it out!!!!

Food triggers pain.....mine have been tomato based products which I try to stay away from.

Good Luck and hopes its not the case.

MomofMarch
on 1/20/13 11:34 am - GA

I had one huge gallstone prior to surgery. I had my gallbladder taken out in May, and it made a world of difference. I would be in severe pain in my right side, close to my rib cage. It would happen after I ate. If I overate or ate something too greasy, it would send me into fits. They didn't give me an exact reason why it happened. I think it had something to do with the types of food I was eating.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

FutureHopes
on 1/20/13 11:36 am - Minneapolis, MN

part of my pre-op testing was an ultrasound to look at my gallbladder. i found out that i do have numerous gallstones, i had no clue! Anyways my surgeon is going to remove it the same time he does my sleeve.

Cant wait to take my after picture

2/22 My new beginning

Add me on MFP: Going2w1n

Fiona73
on 1/20/13 2:16 pm - WA
VSG on 01/22/13

i just found out Friday that I will be having my gallbladder out during my VSG, which is this Tuesday.   I wonder if this changes my recovery time?!?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 139 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 407 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 434 views