Strange Losing Pattern

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/26/13 1:51 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I am a couple days shy of 6 weeks out. I keep having weird loosing patterns like this week, I went down 2 pounds then up a pound then stayed the same for 2 days then down another 2 pounds then up a pound for 2 days then of the sudden today up 2 more pounds. I have been on this similar schedule for about 3 weeks now. Is this normal?Does anyone else go thru this? I drink 64+oz of water everyday and get in 65+ g of protein. Is there anything I can do to make things more even and steady?

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/13 2:00 am

This is totally normal, most people do not lose weight in a straight line.  Most of us lose weight in steps.  Sometimes the steps look like stalls, but they are just steps.  You are doing just fine.

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/26/13 2:03 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
OK. Glad to hear. Thanks Elina

SuzyNZ
on 1/26/13 2:47 am
VSG on 09/17/12
It's exactly what I did. From about 6 weeks, my pattern has been....

- lose from Saturday to Tuesday
- stay the same, or gain a pound or so for Wednesday to Friday
- start losing again from Saturday

Im a bit all over the place at the moment as Im just off the back of a wee stall over Christmas, but generally its still similar.

Lots of things (TOM, fluid retention, hormones etc) cause this. No need to panic. As long as the overall trend over weeks/months is down, daily up and downs are pretty normal.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/26/13 4:42 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
OK. Thanks suzy

Alice M.
on 1/26/13 3:18 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

I'm 2 weeks farther than you and am doing about the same thing.  I fluctuate from 193  to 191 for about the last week and a half.  I was 212 before surgery so that's only 20 lbs. for 2 months.  I don't quite understand it either.  I'm doing just as you are with protein and water.  I do have some problems with constipation (and when there is no problem...that's when I loose!)  Have you taken your measurements?  That helped me to not quite freak out...I've lost 31 inches since September.  Guess we just need to keep on and we will loose.  It's good too know I'm not alone.  Good Luck.

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/26/13 4:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I took my measurements a couple weeks ago. I will have to do it again. That might make me feel better. Thanks Alice

prairie-dog-girl
on 1/26/13 6:23 am

My pattern doesn't make sense either.I lost 5# month 1, 15 # month 2 , 6 # month 3.In the middle of month 2, I lost 11# in 2 days and was up 10# the next day .That totally didn't make sense. My scale is new and I even changed the battery to see if that was the problem (it wasn't). I"m following my plan  and getting frustrated. I keep telling myself, at least I'm loosing.I was recently cleared to exercise, so that should help.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views