Sleeved 2/1 feeling great execpt.....

koon5
on 2/2/13 9:05 pm
Im dry heaving like crazy. No pain from surgery. Just feeling the need to vomit everytime i go to restroom? Is this normal. The nurses say this will pass but it has been 24 hr. and they are giving me anti-nausia meds but they dont seem to work,
mary d
on 2/2/13 9:11 pm

Are you getting enough fluids?  Are you on a PPI?  It could just be acid.  You could try diluting some FLAT gingerale and sipping on that, it may help.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

koon5
on 2/2/13 9:15 pm
My surgery was yesterday and im not allowed anything until later today. I will get ice chips around noon.
cindysteffinich
on 2/3/13 4:32 am

I'm not aloud to have anything cold or hot let alone ice chips.  My surgery was 5 days ago.  In the hospital a nurse saw a cup of ice on my tray that belonged to my husband and she that it was mine and told me I couldn't have that.  Be careful.

MomofMarch
on 2/2/13 9:47 pm - GA

Don't worry, it WILL pass. If you're not feeling better with the anti nausea meds, ask for a different kind. There are several you can try. I hope you feel better after you get some fluids in you! Welcome to the bench!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

MuttLover
on 2/2/13 10:35 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Ask for more anti-nausea drugs!  I had a patch and two different drugs (I think -- it's kind of blur!)  But as the Queen of Queasy, I feel your pain -- and it does pass, albeit seemingly slowly and miserably!  But the worst was over in 24 hours, and it slowly subsided.  If you are taking pain meds, that can also make you sick.  I stopped those shortly after surgery (literally, I had practically no pain -- but I have nausea instead!).  So if you are on a pain pump and can do without it, try it.  I didn't take any pain meds at home either. But I went in knowing pain meds make me sick.

Best of luck on your journey!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

RollTide2013
on 2/3/13 1:13 am

I had my sleeve on the 1st, and I did the same thing.  I had finergan in my IV.  I let ice chips melt in my mouth.  It all passed, but do try to at least get ice chips down.  You will get better.

koon5
on 2/3/13 4:25 am
What about pain from the gas? Im walking the halls and not helping!
cindysteffinich
on 2/3/13 4:36 am

I am 5 days post op and had nausia the day after along with trying to vomit.  For me I had a reaction to the morphin I was given so I quit the meds and just took tylenol.  That took care of my nausia.  Good luck.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views