Doing my homework

jenn227
on 2/9/13 12:02 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

I had a very frustrating week.  I had back spasms for about 4 days (from my Zumba class...I tend to forget I need to lose over 100 lbs!) then I got a stomach bug for 2 days.  So I didn't work out until Thursday and didn't journal my meals.  But I did just sit down and journal everything from yesterday and today.  Got to the gym again last night and I'm going to go again in a little bit.

I have now scheduled all of my evaluations.  My doc said if I could get them all scheduled/most done before my next appt (on 2/27...my bday!), (I also have to get my sleep study done on my bday night lol! ) I can be scheduled for mid March!  That is what I am really shooting for, so I'm hoping he gets all of my reports, etc, on time to get it scheduled.  If I can't get it done then, I'm going to have to postpone this for several months because of work and school, and I don't want to wait that long.  But I can only do what I can do, so here's hoping it's enough!

I have started to tell a few people.  My boss, who is VERY supportive.  We're working out the details for my coverage already.  My mom, who was actually not freaking out which I kind of expected a little bit.  But she took it really well, which is awesome.  My one brother, who is 100% supportive about it.  I did just tell 3 of my friends last night, and my one friend is freaking out a little bit, which I did expect.  She asked me if I saw a doctor first...um, hello, my doctor is the one *****commended this!  She gave me a copy of a book she just started reading, The Plan, and asked me to please read it before I go through with the surgery.  I took the book, and I will read it, but I am 100% committed to having this surgery and I truly believe that this is the right thing for me right now.  They have all watched me gain this weight, and lose the same 20 lbs over and over, without losing any more.  I explained to her too about all of my health problems that I am dealing with now, diabetes, high bp, high cholesterol, etc, that are slowly killing me.  I know she will support me in the end, but I know she is scared to death of this surgery and probably will never be convinced.  But that's ok.  I told her to go online and research it, like I did, so maybe that will help her to understand it better.

She posted pictures from her wedding, which was probably about 5 years ago, and I can't believe how much I've gained since then...I felt huge then!  And then she just posted pix from last night and I looked bloated and uncomfortable....I don't want to look or feel like that anymore! 

I was talking to my hubby yesterday and said I miss flip flops and summer clothes...and then said I can't wait until this summer because I'll be able to wear cuter summer stuff :)  It's all part of this decision:  definitely, definitely my health issues, but also how I look and feel in my own body too! 

We all drank too much wine last night and ate picky crap.  I know I will not be doing that soon, and that is good.  I was trying to plan how I can still go to these kinds of things and I was thinking I could fill a wine glass with water and a splash of crystal light or something and keep sipping that all night instead of wine!  My body, my liver and my head will appreciate that much more afterward I'm sure lol!

So that is the tale of my frustrating, but still fruitful week!! 

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

mickeymantle
on 2/9/13 1:31 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds like you got a good plan,

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views