WAS OK WITH HAVING SLEEVE NOW GETTING SCARED

horselovenlady
on 2/12/13 7:48 am
VSG on 04/15/13

Ok, I've been looking into sleeve for 2 years. I had my lapband removed a year ago Feb. 28th. Medicare finally approved and ready to schedule for next month. My dear sister  (cindysteffinich on OH) had her surgery end of Jan. and is having a hell of a time and I am second guessing my self.  Please talk me down...

"Make good choices right now. Discipline doesn't always feel good but later on it yields a harvest in our lives if we make right choices." ~ Joyce Meyer ~

LB 7/2008 LB Removed 2/2012  HW:225  LW:165

Sleeve Date 4/15/2013 / HW:240  SW:228  CW:165  GW:140  HT: 5'2"

jessika_gloyd32
on 2/12/13 7:58 am

I am so sorry that your sister is having so much trouble. May I ask you a question are you happy with the way you feel and look? Can you look your self in the mirror and say I am great this way and I am ok to be this weight? If you can then do not do it. But if ot then say ok I know my sister is having troubles but did I have troubles with my first surgery? Im I stronger and healthier then she is? And the last do I deserve to be happy with my reflection? It is easy to sike your self out I have done it several times. But to me I look at what I have taken away from my husband my children and myself. And I will not give this weight any more of my life. I know you are scared. But if you believe in God pray to him talk to your family and also talk to your doctor. These people will help you I promise . Because they are looking out for you also. So God bless and I will be here if I can help. Because in my eyes you deserve to be as skinny and as beautiful as you want to be at any age.

Crayola
on 2/12/13 8:39 am

I know what you mean. I'm the first person in my family to do this to I have no one to compaire this to. I only have knee, Hip pain. other then that I'm healthy. I'm scared that I will come out after surgery worse then now but the one thing about me is that I try everything no matter how hard it maybe because I don't want to sit 5 years down the road like "What If" I'm scared but I'm still trying to get this done because that little voice says what if you where smaller now, You could run, Walk for miles without pain, NOT have to take meds for things that may come up in the future because of my weight. This is what keeps me going I hope it does for you too. Also remember everyone that means even your sister has different out comes. Talk to your doctor about what your sister is going thru. Maybe he/she can shed some light on what is going on with her and if you could go thru the same.

BTW this is my first post HI EVERYONE kiss

Keith L.
on 2/12/13 8:45 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

The second thoughts are natural, the fact that you have someone close to you that is having some issues makes it a lot worse. In my experience here (about 5 months) I can tell you there are far more happy success no issue cases than those with problems. If you follow  your doctor's plan  you will do great. Its important to do the pre-op diet and follow it as closely as you can.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

DebbieRae1313
on 2/12/13 8:55 am

I had my surgery on 1/3/13 and my sister had hers on 12/5/12. We both have had very different experiences. We had different surgeons and I think that made some of the differences. She had alot more nausea after surgery and I am the one with acid reflux. It is nice to have someone close to you to share your experiences/concerns/fears/joys. This website has helped me tremendously particularly Keith on here. I would not let my sisters experience cast doubt. It was the best thing for me and my sister and neither of us have regrets. I do not know what your sisters problems are, but most issues resolve themselves fairly quickly after surgery.

Good luck and go for it!!

horselovenlady
on 2/12/13 9:18 am
VSG on 04/15/13

Thanks everyone.  Keith, you had posted a comment for my sister to buck up and she told me today she really liked your post like it is giving her the strength to cowgirl up...

Yes, if I can go through the band hell I went through, and research sleeve and Bypass for two years make my decision for sleeve, I can surely follow through. Maybe go through a month of not so easy time and then see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sure I will be asking for some more moral support come next month.. wink

"Make good choices right now. Discipline doesn't always feel good but later on it yields a harvest in our lives if we make right choices." ~ Joyce Meyer ~

horselovenlady
on 2/12/13 9:21 am
VSG on 04/15/13

PS:  and wait for Medicare to approve the Sleeve, that was torture in it self....  Praise God they came to their censes. angry

cindysteffinich
on 2/12/13 9:39 am

OK  Terry, don't use me and what I am going through as an excuse.  When we talked today I told you that I've been told that in 2  months I will be saying that I would go through this all over again.  You know how you feel and what you need to do.  My only concern for you is that you need to build up your immunity. 

Thanks to Keith and his direction yesterday made me realize that my job is to force myself to drink water and eat.  Since then I am feeling a bit better.  Thank you Keith. 

sslltt
on 2/12/13 9:44 pm - NC

On the way 2 hospital (yesterday) I asked my daughter if it was 2 late to go back home. 5  minutes 2 hospital, 20 to go back home. Then I asked her would it be appropriate 2 tell him in the midst of surgery to " STOP".lol!!  I am lying in my hospital bed eating ice chips and getting ready to walk the halls - IV and all! Didn't feel ANYTHING.

Don't be afraid. Trust in God, your surgeon and above all else--- trust in yourself-- you have made a great decision.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views