Surgery Eve Jitters

maeich1
on 3/4/13 8:34 am - MD
I'm all packed up and ready for my 11am surgery Tomorrow. I didn't think I'd be this nervous. I'm a nurse so I think I just know way too much. :-/. I'm super worked up about this potential gas pain. Any last minute advice?
TheShrinkingCrafter
on 3/4/13 8:44 am
VSG on 02/26/13

Congrats on your surgery tomorrow! I was also very nervous last Monday (my surgery eve) but it all went fine and I didn't have the gas pains people talk about, so think positive and don't worry ;) Can't wait to hear how everything goes ♥

maeich1
on 3/4/13 9:08 am - MD
Thanks so much! I'm glad to hear you didn't have the gas pains. I'll be in touch when my surgery is over
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/13 8:59 am - Elmer, NJ
VSG on 05/06/13

Only that you'll do terrific because, as a nurse you are super prepared!! winkJust think of how much more awesome you're going to be and how bad some of us are right behind you sister!! Stay strong and keep us posted when you're up to it!!

maeich1
on 3/4/13 9:09 am - MD
Thanks so much
Jessica S.
on 3/4/13 9:03 am
VSG on 02/15/13

Being nervous is completely natural.  You will do great.  I had no gas pains that a lot of people talk about.  Fingers crossed you have the same good luck as well as a speedy recovery.  You will do great!  :)

maeich1
on 3/4/13 9:09 am - MD
Thanks. I'm hoping for a smooth recovery.
SandyRi
on 3/4/13 9:26 am - WA
VSG on 03/04/13

I had my surgery today at about 11:30.  I'm now home 5:20.  I feel totally fine!  Waking up from surgery - had to clear my throat a bit - and in the hour or so after surgery - felt like i needed to burp - but it wouldn't come up - but as up and walking by 2pm.  After about an hour and some walking - no more burp pain.  I got some more IV fluids I walked a bit and feel great.  A little blurry eyed from the pain meds - but no pain really - the only pain is like from doing too many situps - and using those muscles like to stand up, etc.  But I really do feel fine - except cotton mouth.  But that certainly helps to motivate sipping on water.Gonna go take a nap on the couch - but it was a good day!

So look forward to it!  Be nervous about all the money you are going to have to spend to buy new skinny clothes!!  You'll do great!!

Sandy

Surgery date:  03/04/2013

maeich1
on 3/4/13 9:47 am - MD
Wow! You did amazing. Congratulations. I hope I have a similar experience
chrissychris40
on 3/4/13 10:29 am - PA

good luck to you tomorrow hope to hear more from you so you can give me some advice:::: 

Christina grieb

Most Active