Day one of 2 week preop diet....and my head is spinning around a bit!

jenn227
on 3/12/13 12:58 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

I packed my little bag last night for my protein shakes today.   I ate WAY too much last night and had wine (I know, food funeral!) We had dinner at our house for my step daughter's b-day, so I cooked grilled steak and chicken, roasted veggies and baked potatoes.  I had a small piece of the steak and chicken and some veggies...but then I had 3 pieces of Italian bread!  On purpose, because I won't be having it now.  I also had some wine.  Oh, and DIL made chocolate chip cheesecake brownies...what!  I'm not a sweet eater, but I had a half.  I am really looking forward to the next two weeks....I want to start feel empty, not full!  And I want to lose some weight before my surgery.

Well this morning, I had my decaf green tea with pomegranate, no coffee.  I had cut back to 1 cup a day, so I'm not expecting too much of a withdrawal, but I am getting a touch of a headache!  Better to detox now than after surgery!

I have a gnawing dread in the back of my mind though, because they just submitted to my insurance yesterday.  I will be scared until I get that phone call that it was approved!

I am graduating from Fairleigh Dickinson University with my Bachelor's Degree on May 21st (woo hoo!! finally!).  I got a letter yesterday saying that because I was taking 3 classes this Spring, that I would have to wait until September to grad (2 classes ok, 3, no).  Well, this is where my head started to spin!  I shot off 2 emails this morning 1st thing, and actually got it straightened out.  I am graduating on May 21st!

I am definitely going to the gym tonight...I need to burn off some stress :)

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Ann M.
on 3/12/13 1:29 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

You are just getting started!! Sorry, but stuff is going to come at you from all directions now! YOU are doing this for YOU - the Devil, the Universe, Mother Earth, whatever you believe in DOES NOT LIKE IT!!! So prepare yourself!

It's like all of us go through - when GREAT things start happening - "it's" going to through spokes into the wheels to try to get you off balance! Murphy's law - if you like...

Stay tuned in here for answers and encouragement!!!   We are in this together!!!

Ann - 4 months out the 21st and 1/2 way to my Goal of 135!!!

jenn227
on 3/12/13 1:37 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Thank you!  I will definitely stay tuned...thanks for the wisdom!!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

keestabeth
on 3/12/13 7:01 am
I'm on my first day of my 2 week PreOp diet myself. I wanted to eat everything I could yesterday. It's been a rough day surrounded by my coworkers. I've been eating vicariously through them!
SweetJanee
on 3/12/13 3:25 pm
VSG on 03/26/13
I start my 2 week pre op tomorrow!!! Good luck to u n all of us :)

jenn227
on 3/12/13 11:23 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

You too!! Day One wasn't too bad!  I even got to the gym last night!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 376 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views