Revision band to sleeve.

angdenise
on 3/13/13 12:47 pm - IN
VSG on 05/28/13
I hope to revise to the sleeve soon(waiting on insurance). I posted on the revision board but thought I would post here as well. I'm wanting advice from people *****vised from the band to the sleeve. Had you had success with the band turn gained? Have you had better success tha you Thought with the sleeve, what u expected, or worse. I want the good the bad and the ugly.

wink~~~Angie~~~

**Revised to a Sleeve Gastrectomy 5/28/13

danixbanani
on 3/14/13 12:43 am, edited 3/14/13 12:44 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

There's a few revisioners here on this board.  If you search this forum for "band revision" I'm sure you'll get a couple of hits.

I had the band in 2008.  I lost 50lbs and that was it.  I couldn't lose any more and then after about 2 years I started to steadily gain again.  NOTHING I did worked with the band.  Crazy exercise, crash dieting, nothing.  Eventually I developed a hernia and GERD.  I was so sick and tired of getting stuck and yacking it back up at EVERY SINGLE MEAL.  I had my band removed July 2012 and my sleeve done in October 2012.  Now, I've lost more weight than I ever did with the band, I'm STILL losing weight, I'm in the smallest size I've EVER been in and life is great.  The sleeve is amazing but you have to be mentally prepared to focus on the plan given to you.  I don't have as much hunger anymore, with the band  I was always hungry and therefore, always snacking and eating big meals (when I wasn't yacking).  With the sleeve, I eat like a normal person.  And when I have a bad day and eat something not so great for me, my stomach doesn't violently punish me.  I may get a little nausea if I over do it but that is very very rare.  The good thing with the sleeve is it's so easy to get back on track.  Best decision I have ever made.  I never thought life would be this great after the band.  I wish you luck with your decision.

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

gorditabonita
on 3/14/13 7:28 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

Hi there! I saw your post last night and I wanted to drop you a line. There are many of us band2sleeve folks on this board. We also have our own group - see my signature below. I had the band for 5 years, from December 2007 until August 2012. I developed major complications in late July and had to have my band removed right away. I then started the process to revise and was sleeved  in January. I am enjoying my sleeve ( although I am suffering through a crazy stall right now) - the restriction is wonderful and constant. I have not had any problem tolerating foods, including eggs, fruit, and veggies, which are things that I could never eat with my band. For me, the sleeve has been everything and more than I expected. Recovery time was comparable to the band and definitely easier than getting my band removed. I have averaged a 4lb/week loss since my preop diet. The only "ugly" that I have to report is the nausea right after surgery. I developed pneumonia from intubation, but that could happen with any surgery. Also, the other thing to remember is the importance of your PPI. Many people think they are experiencing hunger but it is really stomach acid. I never really get hungry, I just feel depleted when it's time to eat.

Good luck!

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views