Second support group meeting today

jenn227
on 3/18/13 12:05 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

I went to my 2nd support group meeting and I am still a little....confused.  Last time we had a guest speaker and she shared her very emotional story which was helpful in some ways, but her issues are very different than some of mine.  But it is so good to hear from veterans and how they are dealing with maintenance.  Today they handed out a worksheet asking if anyone forgot to eat today and what we ate. Two rows of people introduced themselves and spoke about their hunger issues (lack of or too much) and other issues.  It was helpful, but from what I was hearing, none of them use MFP, none of them continue to monitor their protein, carbs, calories, and most of them were in a several month long stall.  Some were sleevers and some RNYers. 

More than anything, all I could think is thank God I found this site.  I feel so much more prepared to move forward and I truly feel like I have tools (including my upcoming sleeve of course) at my fingertips that will help me to navigate this scary but awesome journey. 

I don't want to come off like I know more than anyone else...I haven't even had surgery yet!  I know I am going to get frustrated and confused and make wrong decisions....I just feel so lucky to have read these posts and learned so much and gotten so much support already here.

So thanks my OH family!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Tnull
on 3/18/13 11:21 pm

It sounds like your mind is in the right place for success.  I am so excited for the 26th to get here.  I know it won't all be rainbows and roses, but we are going to finally get to sit on the loser's bench!

jenn227
on 3/19/13 5:22 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

You too!  I know, we'll be sitting right next to each other

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Nikke2003
on 3/19/13 2:53 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I agree with you totally.... thank god for this board!! I have learned so much and feel much more prepared for upcoming surgery. It amazes me when I see how little people know about this process (e.g. "What's gastric bypass???") even though they are halfway through a supervised diet. YIKES!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

jenn227
on 3/19/13 5:21 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

I just feel so lucky that I stumbled upon this site...I was going on here before my first consultation.  I just was feeling a trend that scared the crap out of me of "not dieting" and not accounting for anything. I just know me, and I have to follow guidelines if I am going to lose this weight.  I know maintenance will be a whole new ball game, but I am hoping that I will be able to embrace it like the vets on this site.  I can't just drop the initial weight and then go back to my old ways, that will be awful!  You're doing awesome!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views