help ):

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/13/13 11:13 am, edited 4/13/13 11:21 am - San Antonio, TX
All through my pre op i did great got down some weight, but after thrusday my pre op appoinment, i wnet crazy like i wont see food again!!): my surgon was never concerned if i lost weight and never mentioned the liver to me! Today is saturday tomorrow is sunday and tomorrow i cant eat at all, just the liquids my doctor gave me!/: im soooo worried by what i read from you guys doctors cancel surgerys due to fatty liver. But he never.mentioned that to.me on thrusday he said everythings great! But cant help me but worry): <br />
<br />
<br />
Advice?

Btw my surgery is Monday!
Jls8877
on 4/13/13 11:18 am
Follow the strict diet tomorrow. Don't cheat. You will be fine.
Janette Rodriguez
on 4/13/13 11:18 am - San Antonio, TX
Thank yu(:
dianne220
on 4/13/13 11:23 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

If he didn't mention it then I wouldn't worry.  Can you call their office Monday and ask their staff or nurse?  My doctor didnt't require any pro-op diet.  He had me eat light the night before and nothing after 9 pm.  I ate a lot the weeks up to surgery.  Trust me I probably had a fatty liver!  You are probably just anxious due to the surgery coming up.  I was calm until the morning of surgery and then I was a bawling mess.  Is there any other patients of his you can contact and ask?  We have a support group and Facebook page.  Good luck but I think you will be great!

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

Janette Rodriguez
on 4/13/13 11:25 am - San Antonio, TX
Surgery is monday tho,
Sasny
on 4/13/13 11:53 am
VSG on 03/20/12
Don't worry . It is what it is at this point. My doctor only had me do the standard two day pre surgery fast with only clear liquids. It really varies surgeon to surgeon.

Gabby46
on 4/13/13 12:03 pm

just follow your doctor's pre-op instructions. if he never required you to do a pre op diet for the liver then he has his reasons. My surgeon didn't require me to shrink my liver which was quite fatty as well. But i decided to lose a little on my own the week before. lost 6 pounds before surgery not much but i did it for me. So just follow his instructions and you will be fine. :-)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views